Nice job Farmboy!

Started by Burt Munro, October 21, 2009, 02:54:21 PM

Burt Munro

What did you get at Daytona Jim, 4 championships and a 2nd?

Very nice!  Can I have your autograph?  :cheers:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

hernan52

It was the training and the help he received from the A&T Racing gurus that made it possible.
We spent a fortune on Ninjas to sabotage all the competitors' bikes and hand them laxative chocolates as well.

That's it.  Nothing else.  No merit on his part....  pure luck and a lot of Trickery   :biggrin:

WELL DONE JIM!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hernan
You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.

Sobottka

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

jigs

He's done a great job all year!! Congrats my brother!! I'll join you next year,wish I could have been there.... :cheers:

funsizeracing

Awesom job!
Now quit sandbagging and run white plates next year!  :biggrin:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

alexm

Jim, congrads!!!

Quote from: hernan52 on October 21, 2009, 03:24:15 PM
We spent a fortune on Ninjas to sabotage all the competitors' bikes and hand them laxative chocolates as well.
Hernan

Where can one procure said chocolate?

NOBODY

Golden power ranger cleans up at Daytona, very nice Jim, way to represent the MW.

RoyHefner

Congrats, Jim, on an excellent season!    :thumb:
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

aflaim

congrats...job well done!!!

red900

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

kawtipping

Great job out there!  I will miss you in AM next year...but there will be more seasons.
Moto Union - Ducati & MV Agusta of Milwaukee

Who wants a pasta ride?

Farmboy

Hey, thanks guys. It was awesome hanging out with everyone all season. Running a whole year was way harder than I expected, but seeing you guys at the track made it all worthwhile, hell, fun even.

So, I didn't know how to respond. Short, sweet, nonchalant? Supercool? ('Cause I don't want to make a big deal about it - see below. Or, sound like an overbearing, ego-inflated dick.  :jerkoff:)

Or, should I go off on some addle-brained tangent  :ahhh:, hopefully offering some measure of entertainment while I mindlessly, soullessly, glazed-eyedly recite the gargantuan list of personages and entities who/which helped me this year whilst I try in vain not to sound like like an overbearing, ego-inflated dick?

Hmm. Gee.  :blahblah:

Re: the season; I know it was just an AM season ( I always just type "AM". I mean, how the fuck is that word spelled? I'm not even going to try it here. It's just too hard.  I'll just type it again. AM. Really, it just doesn't look right to me anyway I try it. "Amatuer". Nope. Stupid. "Amateur". Ah, crap. I don't care.), believe me. Nobody tries harder to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" 1 than me. But still, I couldn't even have believed all the shit I'd learn, and, since it all turned out better than I could have ever hoped, I hope you guys won't mind if I thank everyone who helped me out, here, again. (I'll try to spice it up with my sparkling wit, 'cause it's a real loooong list. :sleeping2:)

- My wife, Nan. All year long, no mention of the unfinished bedrooms upstairs, no comments on the steadily (exponentially) increasing Discover bill, no hesitation about coming out to the track, nothing but unfailing support while I pursue my (near-midlfe-crisis-dream) goals and aspirations (demons?). Next year, I'm chilling. It's give time. As in, "Take and give". Thanks, baby.

-TeamMCC. com: Greg and Geoff Mellinger, Dave Moon, Dan Johnsen, and all the guys took great care of me all year, whether it was assembling the motor, performing emergency repair work, letting me use the tire machine, or answering yet another of my endless, inane questions. These guys always look out for me, and I'm eternally honored to be a passenger on the bus.

-Matt Carr and the crew @ Ducati Indianapolis. These guys are developing a vast wealth of knowledge on racing Ducatis, and I'm totally thankful for the opportunity to tap into the database. I look forward to working with these guys more, A LOT.

-Mark Sutton @ DucShop. Mark and the guys built the heads on the new bike. New bike have legs. New bike good. New bike go like conflagrated primate on banking. Enough said.

Dustin Boyd @ Cycle Path Racing. Dude always had my back, whether it was always mounting (and delivering!) tires well in advance of my needs, or offering up advice in a most plentiful and helpful fashion, or just telling me when I was full of shit, Dustin delivered. Nobody worked harder for his riders all year long. Thanks man!

Pirelli Tires. Love 'em. They're way better than I am.

Ferodo brakes. Also an object of my affection. Plus, that Cambria out at Brake Tech always sets me up (and, judging by her voice, she's HOT. Whatever. I want her.)

Dainese. Where the f#*k else you gonna get a set of GOLD leathers? Huh? Yeah, they call them "Platinum". Riiiight.

My fellow racers:

First and foremost; Hernan. It was my greatest pleasure to race, and hang out with, you all year long. Thanks for all your help and encouragement. I couldn't have, and wouldn't have wanted to, done it without you. I know you'll race with us again.

Kevin Uttech, Brian Lacy, Kevin Van Engen, Ron Hix, Jim and Ben Probst, Roy Hefner, and all the Midwest guys. Your endless advice and support help temper the curve.

Especially,the Daytona guys & girls, because I wouldn't have gone without them:

Jay Smith (IronMan). I watched Jay race to 2 second place finishes after a nasty looking crash in his ASRA race. Dude, You have the heart of a lion, and I'm looking forward to racing you in EXPERT next year! :cheers:

Joel Spalding (SuperMan). He runs a 1:52 and misses an Expert Championship by this >< much in his first year. I don't think I'll ever bring as much focus and intensity to this game. I'll try, but I mean, shit.  :wtf:

Ray Hofman (Iceman). Problem after issue after challenge, Ray just shakes it off and races. Totally dedicated, Totally inspiring. Congratulations on the Solo Challenge Championship!   :cheers:

Glenn Carnell (the rookie). Guy runs 2:08s and gets a podium finish, and he just turned a wheel on the track for the first time this past July. Watch out for this one.  :thumb:

Cindy Spalding, Missy Carnell, Betty Smith, and Brenda Hofman. (Beautiful ladies, and awesome Pit Chicks). Whoa.  :boink:

Tom & Georgia Spalding. I'm sure I'm not your favorite racer, but I felt like you were my # 1 fans.  :biggrin:

Scotty Ryan, Ed Key, and Guy Bartz. Yet more familiar, friendly faces with key advice and kind words. I appreciate the help and the opportunity to know you better.

And finally, the CCS staff (I wouldn't have blamed you guys for meatballing me every race out of spite; I fully realize what a pain in the ass I am.), and all the corner marshalls and track personnel throughout the year- we couldn't do this without you. Thanks for all your hard work!

So, I went with the 2nd  :blahblah: option. Hope you don't think I'm a over-bearing, ego-inflated dick, but i FULLY EXPECT IT WILL BE A WHILE BEFORE (dAMN, I HATE WHEN i HIT THE CAPS-LOCK ON ACCIdent, there, that's better) I find myself in this particular situation again, but besides, I like to write and I am, after all, um, drunk. Ah, I don't care. I meAN EVERY WORD (DAMN, DAMNIT, AGAIn, there we go) of it. It was a great year, way more than I ever could have expected, and I'm pleased as a puppy with two peckers to have done it with you all. If you want to hear this speech in person  :preachon: , see you at the banquet; at least I'll be buying drinks. If not, see you next spring! :thumb:

1. BIG Thanks to George Linheart, BHF, 9/26/09
Jim Berard CCS MW#904