Daytona Fall Cycle Scene 2009: cold track + hot chicks = thrills and spills

Started by Xpat2b, October 20, 2009, 01:36:17 AM

Xpat2b

If you didn't go to Daytona this past weekend, you missed a great show because IT ROCKED!  What a great weekend of exciting racing and overall celebration of motorcycle culture. Kudos to CCS/ASRA, AMA, DMG, the vendors and all the other parties involved in organizing and coming out to support a great event at this difficult economic time.  :thumb:

Because it was so cold there were a LOT of crashes, fortunately most of them were not serious as far as I could tell. Get well wishes to Steve Kennedy and the others who sustained more than minor injuries in their incidents. Steve is still recovering at Halifax Medical Center in Daytona if you want to give him a shout.  Of course some of the guys would say the cold weather had a positive effect on the Hooter Girls' bikini contest.

Here are a few highlights from the weekend what you missed if you weren't there:

(yes there are more where this came from...give me time)

OK, so there's not much "Beach" left at Daytona Beach, but there is racing and Hooters Girls, who needs sand?

Thanks again to everyone for a great season and hope to see y'all next year!

Race fan
Retired MARRC Cornerworker

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

f3racer

Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

SnacktimeKC

Steve, hope you heal up soon. As always, good seeing you and your Dad. -John Deuser

jigs

JCP636

Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188

Hollywood

Cool pics Kathy, do you have any contact info for Steve other than the name of the hospital? If you do, please PM it to me. (or anyone else for that matter)

Thanks
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

Xpat2b

Hollywood I don't have email/phone for Steve but if you know how to reach Nate Kern or contact Morton BMW you might get more from them.

All I know is he is in room 1626, 6th floor at the France Tower at Halifax Medical Center, 303 N. Clyde Morris Blvd. Daytona Beach FL 32114

Morton's BMW Motorcycles
5099A Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-891-9844
Race fan

SVbadguy

Xpat2b

I didn't see his crash but spoke to another photographer at the west horseshoe who got the whole thing. He said Steve was hit from behind.
Race fan

chaplain220

Kathy, those be some great racin pics.  I look forward to seeing you again in the spring.  Steve is in a lot of pain but is keeping his spirits high.  His surgery was yesterday, (Tuesday), for his hip and the leg was broken in 3 places.  All appears to have gone well.  He's here with his folks and will probably remain through the coming weekend.  I'm keeping him supplied with magazines, food from the outside world, and endless stupid jokes, which as it turns out, are pretty funny when using morphine.  Heal up quick bro Steve.

RC423

Steve is one of my best friends and I've been talking with him and his mom daily - Email me at ross@cannonmotorsports.com
For his contact info

Last I heard surgery went well on his pelvis and left femur - mri of his back showed good results.  They just x-rayed his right leg and it is in fact broken and they were checking out his shoulder also.

He seems to be in good spirits despite the circumstances and he said to thank everyone for the support.
aka Ross aka "Pete"