fork oil, side stand switch

Started by f3racer, October 16, 2009, 10:38:47 AM

f3racer

on a serious budget for racing for 2010 and cannont afford cartridge emulators for the forks. does anyone have a suggestion for fork oil to use?

also anyone done a sidestand switch removal on an 07 cbr 600 rr? can i just cut the wires and bypass the switch by connecting them?
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

DakotaCBR

Not positive on the kickstand wires for the 07 bikes, but on the 03-06 there are only two wires. Just short the two together to complete the circuit.
Jon Hatcher - CCS FL #308

Noidly1

Well, if the forkie aruha tooa loosie, try summa geara looba...

Seriously... Any quality fork oil will do. I use BelRay.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Ducmarc

Super Dave

Quote from: f3racer on October 16, 2009, 10:38:47 AM
on a serious budget for racing for 2010 and cannont afford cartridge emulators for the forks. does anyone have a suggestion for fork oil to use?
Emulators?

That's for a non cartridge fork...  What bike is this for?  The RR's have cartridge forks.
Super Dave

f3racer

07 cbr 600 rr.  yeah i think im going to get racetech g2r gold valving. i thought they were called emulators.
Will

Super Dave

Quote from: f3racer on October 20, 2009, 01:37:55 PM
07 cbr 600 rr.  yeah i think im going to get racetech g2r gold valving. i thought they were called emulators.
Ok, the first problem that seems to cause issues with the late model RR is that the spacer inside the fork doesn't preload the fork spring, which is a lot more "correct" for most riders than the CBR's from the past.  Valving is like frosting.  It will add flavor and color to the cake.  But your cake is the spring rate and being able to preload the spring as necessary...and the geometry of the bike (fork height, shock length in conjunction with tire height variations between tire manufacturers).

Might be worth just talking to Scotty at Trackside Engineering just to see what kind of real options there are.  I've done well with some bikes that have just had correct springs, preload, geometry, and 15wt fork oil to give the stock valving the dampening that I wanted for the budget I had. 

http://www.tracksidesuspension.com/
Super Dave

F2RGK

I use vegetable oil in my forks.   I went Green this year!!  LOL.....:))
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

f3racer

Lol

Im actually going to go with Rob @ Lithium. He is giving me a good deal on a traxxion ak 20 set up, and an elka shock.
Will