Tow Vehicle Rentals???

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 07, 2003, 12:17:37 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Does anybody know if any of the rental places rents suv's you can tow with?  I can borrow an enclosed trailer, but have nothing to pull it with (tired of borrowing mom's leased Durango).  My Acura does fine with the little open trailer, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pull an enclosed with it...lol.  TIA
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Litespeed

I thin Hertz rents Expeditions with receivers on them.  Ihave also seen some full size trucks from Enterprise around here.  I would reccomend just calling around to find out.

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

r1owner

Everytime I've rented a Ranger from Hertz, it has had the receiver on it.  Even though it is there, you are still not supposed to tow with it.  Trade in the Acura for something that hauls.

K3 Chris Onwiler

UHaul.  2500 GMC pickup with a reciever.  Several at any dealership.  Tell everyone that they sponsor you! ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tzracer

I don't think any major rental company will let you tow your trailer with their truck (checked a few years ago). A small local outfit might let you do it. You would need to call around. Unfortunately your best bet is to buy your own tow vehicle. Super Dave bought a small (for a bus) diesel bus for $3500.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

james-redsv

He cant afford to buy a SUV to tow with, he just spent his wad on a new motor for his Duc. ???

r1owner

LOL, seriously, trade the Acura in on a Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute.

MightyDuc Racing

Nah...the wife loves that car.  I am planning on buying a cheap SUV or pickup, but it's not in the cards for a few months yet.  The motor money didn't help much, but that comes out of a different budget.  I'll probably just borrow the Durango and get 10 mpg again...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

r1owner

You;re going to get about 10 towing an enclosed with just about anything...except maybe a diesal.

I only get 10 out of my Envoy @ 75 or so.

GAMEDIC

shoot ...look at me :-)..i got a 95 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 4 banger and i use it to pull my 7x14 enclosed trailer  ;D i didn't say it liked it