News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tow Vehicle Rentals???

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 07, 2003, 12:17:37 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteYou;re going to get about 10 towing an enclosed with just about anything...except maybe a diesal.

I only get 10 out of my Envoy @ 75 or so.
Truer words were never spoken.  No matter what you tow with, 10 mpg seems to be the magic number.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

RC51Racer

QuoteTruer words were never spoken.  No matter what you tow with, 10 mpg seems to be the magic number.

Hey Chris, I get 22 mpg in the new truck, towing the 7 X 14 loaded.

Mike

fzr400tony

you can rent a full-sized van from most places, and leave the trailer and gas bill behind.

sdiver68

10 mpg it is!  That's a good 2 way average for my 4.6L V8 Explorer with tow package averaging 70 mph with a 6 x 10 extra height enclosed.

The best way to "increase" fuel economy is to split the ride with buddies.  2 people = 20 mpg, 3 = 30, etc....

BTW, I've had no luck finding anyone to rent me a tow vehicle while mine goes into the bodyshop.  I've tried at least 10 different places including all the major nationals, they all prohibit towing.

22 mpg with a 7 x 14?  :o  Not enclosed I'm betting.
MCRA Race School Instructor

RC51Racer

It's enclosed....but the tow vehicle has a 5.9L turbo-diesel.

The only way to go.

sdiver68

Wow!

Here's to hoping Ford will put the new 6.0 Diesel in the Expedition :)

r1owner

I figured it must have been a diesel when you said 22.

Steve, they all say you're not allowed to tow, but I bet all those trucks have a hitch on them.  The ranger I rented 4X4 to take my bike up to BHF had some sort of fiberglass bed cover.  I ended up taking it off to get my bike in there.  It says you're not supposed to do that either.  8)

Also, a Ryder box truck might be the way to go, if you are in a pinch.

MightyDuc Racing

Miles will kill me on a ryder or u-haul.  I live at exit 131, the track is at exit 467...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

sdiver68

Scott,

Hey buddy, got any racing plans soon?  RA up next :)  There is a track day April 19th at Gateway unless it gets cancelled.

Yeah, I checked the Enterprise lot, some of the vehicles did leave the hitch...others did not...so it would be a crapshoot.  I just scheduled the work for time between races and looks like I'll be going up to RA with Todd B and Steve N.

r1owner

QuoteScott,

Hey buddy, got any racing plans soon?  RA up next :)  There is a track day April 19th at Gateway unless it gets cancelled.

Yeah, I checked the Enterprise lot, some of the vehicles did leave the hitch...others did not...so it would be a crapshoot.  I just scheduled the work for time between races and looks like I'll be going up to RA with Todd B and Steve N.

Well, I'd like to do RA, but it was either that MAM or Barber, so I chose Barber  :).

I am signed up to do the trackday on the 19th at Gateway.  Are you?

I agree about the crap shoot, but it seems like all the Rangers on the Budget lot at Manchester all seem to have the hitch.

QuoteMiles will kill me on a ryder or u-haul.  I live at exit 131, the track is at exit 467...lol.

Just rent an extended cab ranger then, and get the bike in the back of that.