450 single class

Started by xb12racerX, October 09, 2009, 09:41:19 PM

xb12racerX

any chance that ccs  will adopt this class and work it into the schedule? Just wondering.  :pop:
mind your own damn business

DakotaCBR

Doubt it, given the grid sizes of the class in USGPRU this season. If DMG decides to go that way next year, the class might grow a little bit, but right now, I don't think enough people are getting into building them.
Jon Hatcher - CCS FL #308

roadracer162

Put together a rules package and get your racing buddies together and present it. Show that there is an incentive for CCS to sanction it and that there will be participation for it.

We are putting together a package for the Vintage class to draw more participation and show committment for that class. Hopefully we will be successful and the Florida region may be the first to see it to fruition.

Dave, finish that Kawasaki and bring it out.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

DEVINC

Mark. You wouldn't happen to be planning on running a GS1000 in any vintage class, would you?  :biggrin:

roadracer162

Devin - I wish I could but sadly it isn't legal at this point only up to the 750 for DOHC inline 4. I am trying to get the FZR400 legal for the class and that will give me some place to run it especially since I plan to have four of them running. Only two right now are track worthy and racing in the Ultralight Class.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

DEVINC

Four? I can barely keep up with one bike. Doesn't WERA have a vintage class that fits the gs in. I know the wiseco kit is exactly the max cc i heard they allow

roadracer162

WERA may have someting but I generally stay close to home. AHRMA is the next closest thing and they come to Daytona. I do have a 1981 CB750 that wold be legal for Vintage with CCS, but that is also the K-model.

Are there any spoke wheels for racing that will fit onto this thing?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

DEVINC

I only have mag wheels. I Have seen some spoke wheels but not for "racing". Just the ones that came on the bike from the factory on the certain models. You are asking me about the GS, right?

tug296

A friend built a CR 750, won the class at World Golf Village show etc, very nice, now he's building another and wants me to race it for him next season.
I told him of the CCS Florida Vintage class, I think he's now on board.
He's talking about Goldwing wheels on it, spacers, bearings?
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

roadracer162

Henry - Has Mike Perry contacted you about the Florida vintage class? If not please email me with your email address and let me know your interest. We hope to put together a package to submit to CCS but the 24th deadline is closing in quick.

What kind of HP is the CR750?

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Super Dave

Just get some wheels made up.  I used Woody's Wheel Works in Colorado for my H1 wheels.  I used aluminum, shoulderless wheels as I like that look better than the shouldered wheels.  Make sure you check with the actual vintage racing organizations for the sizes they allow.  For AHRMA, you're going to be limited to 18's and 19's, generally.  My max width is WM3 front (2.15") and WM5 rear (3").  That's what we had on the CR750 that I raced too. 

As for the 450 class...

450's have been available in MX for some time now.  And there are just very, very few of them being used in road racing even with a supply of 400's, 426's, and 450's.
Super Dave

DEVINC

AHRMA won't let you use 17" wheels on any bike? The rear on the GS is a 17.