News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tom Shaw needs some prayers.

Started by Noidly1, October 04, 2009, 01:31:38 AM

Noidly1

Quote from: skiandclimbI only know a little bit, but apparently Tom (Gonecrazy) went down pretty hard at Barber today. Karen put up on facebook that he went down, and so far she thinks he has a broken femur, pelvis and possibly internal bleeding.  Not sure of which hospital he is at right now.  I'll post more as I find out.  For now, I trust everyone will remember him in their prayers.  If anyone has more info, or corrections to this- please post up.

Hang in there Tom. We're praying for you.

-Ski
http://www.mcraracing.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4681
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

tstruyk

damn... hey noid can you keep postin the updates here?  I cant access the MCRA site from the house...

hang in there Tommy!
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Cowboy 6

We will keep him in our prayers here.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Noidly1

Quote from: tstruyk on October 04, 2009, 04:17:19 AM
damn... hey noid can you keep postin the updates here?  I cant access the MCRA site from the house...

hang in there Tommy!
Quote from: 2k12rJust spoke with jimmy , tom is stable and headed to surgery to repir broken femur and hip. He had a bad highside and was run over by another racer. I will post details as they come.

Get well soon tom!
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

sasrocks

Noidly1

Quote from: mcraronThis is what I have heard from Amy

QuoteSaw Tom again he is completely sedated still. They did wake him for a moment ....that was bad! he is in sooo much pain! Come to find out he crushed one side of his pelvic bone, crushed his tailbone and broke the pelvic bone in half along with pulled ...ligamets...its worse than they thought....he will pull throgh he is strong willed and strong bodied and has amazing family and friends!

Strength my brother, you will make it.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

KCFirebolt

Tom, Hope you heal up fast.  Very sorry to hear this.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 
CCS Race Announcer
CCS #818
AHRMA #888

Noidly1

Per- Karen Rowe Shaw;
Tom is out of surgery! Dr said it went well! Hope to actually talk to him at the 830 visit. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS AND GOOD THOUGHTS I CANT TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH IT HAS MEANT TO ME AND OUR FAMILYS.

Noid.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Noidly1

Quote from: acox2
He's at UAB - not sure of the room number, all I know is that he's in ICU

Telephone
Main Switchboard: (205) 934-4011
Hearing Impaired/TDD: (205) 934-4642

Mailing Address
The University of Alabama at Birmingham
1530 3rd Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-1150
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

tzracer

The doctors and staff were great during my stay at UAB.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

chaplain220

Praying for Tom and his family, thank you for keeping us posted.