News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BHF Amateur MW Supersport - Turn 2 Crash??

Started by tadgralewski, September 28, 2009, 05:26:46 PM

JBraun

Guys who possess the raw speed and talent to podium in amateur lightweight races almost always wind up with factory rides.
Don't listen to these bitches, they just want to slow you down. Rossi took out Gibernau, Pedrosa took out Hayden, Fabrizio took out Spies, etc. IT HAPPENS! 
If you let the well-being of your competitors stifle your killer instinct, you'll never be able to take full advantage of the opportunities placed in your path. I don't think anyone can argue that CCS lightweight is a veritable breeding ground for top level roadracing talent.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

NOBODY

Braun use a different color text while being sarcastic

tzracer

He isn't serious?

I was hoping the 2nd I got at the ROC in LWGP was going to be the key to getting a MotoGP ride.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

red900

So what braun is saying is you have to break a few eggs to make a cake... 
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

tzracer

Quote from: red900 on October 03, 2009, 09:35:19 PM
So what braun is saying is you have to break a few eggs to make a cake... 

Crashing it part of racing, however taking others with you should be avoided. A racer needs to use their head.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

tstruyk

Quote from: JBraun on October 03, 2009, 05:36:09 PM
Guys who possess the raw speed and talent to podium in amateur lightweight races almost always wind up with factory rides.
Don't listen to these bitches, they just want to slow you down. Rossi took out Gibernau, Pedrosa took out Hayden, Fabrizio took out Spies, etc. IT HAPPENS! 
If you let the well-being of your competitors stifle your killer instinct, you'll never be able to take full advantage of the opportunities placed in your path. I don't think anyone can argue that CCS lightweight is a veritable breeding ground for top level roadracing talent.

Now everyone knows why I moved into the LW class... thanks Jason... dick
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Farmboy

Quote from: tstruyk on October 04, 2009, 12:30:44 PM
Now everyone knows why I moved into the LW class... thanks Jason... dick

Timmay, I've only met you a handful of times, but I can attest that you are definitely in the right class, here with us..   wanna join A&T?
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

backMARKr

Quote from: Farmboy on October 04, 2009, 02:05:58 PM
Timmay, I've only met you a handful of times, but I can attest that you are definitely in the right class, here with us..   wanna join A&T?

YES PLEASE ...TAKE HIM!
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Burt Munro

Jim,

You and Hernan are great guys.  Are you TRYING to ruin your reputation????
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

Quote from: Farmboy on October 04, 2009, 02:05:58 PM
Timmay, I've only met you a handful of times, but I can attest that you are definitely in the right class, here with us..   wanna join A&T?

that depends... I hear you crazy kids sometimes race w/out gloves... Is that a requirement or more personal preference??

Quote from: backMARKr on October 04, 2009, 03:11:50 PM
YES PLEASE ...TAKE HIM!

:ahhh:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

tadgralewski

Looks like I opened up a can of worms by asking the question.  I'm glad that both riders that went down in turn 2 are recovering.  I'll leave the comments alone except to say one thing - it's frightening when you talk to a rider that may or may not have been at fault for a crash and have them be unable/unwilling to admit even the slightest possibility that it may have been their fault.  Really?  There's no possible way that it was your fault??

I had a similar thing happen to me in the GTO race on Saturday.  Turn one, I was following a friend of mine (Ben, #120) towards turn one.  It was evident to me that the apex was going to resemble a parking lot so I purposely backed off and said "this is a 25 minute race...let's make it through turn one."  I decided to hang back, take a wide line, and then let's go.  Next thing I know, Ben's bike is in front of me on the ground.  With nowhere to go, I hit his bike and it's all over.  Ben and I, along with our bikes, slide into the sand pit.  After a couple curse words - I asked the cornerworkers, and they didn't hear me, so there was no risk of offending them :-) - I picked up the bike and rode it around to hot pit lane, bent the fairing stay back into place, and used the GTO race as practice. 

After the race, I wanted to know what happened.  I thought I was wide enough to avoid any apex madness, but apparently not.  Talking to Ben, he said "I got hit right before the apex" and that's what took him town, and consequently, me.  He was apologetic, didn't know what happened, and we were both glad that we were both OK.  I approached another friend of mine who was on track to see if he knew what happened.  He said "that guy hit me."  OK, here we go.  After talking to him for a while, he said "he left 5 feet on the inside, so I passed him."  I was a bit taken back that he never admitted simply the possibility that he was at fault.  Really??.  Note: I am not saying that he WAS at fault, I'm saying it's possible.  Even when I talked to him the next day, he was unwilling to admit that possibility.  In his mind, it was the other guy's fault...even though Ben was on the outside and obviously got stuffed and never saw the bike that was stuffing him (they hit shoulders if that matters).  My point is only that it's frightening to have someone unable/unwilling to even admit the possibility that it was their fault.

I don't want to make a blanket statement such as "If you are involved in a two-bike incident and if one of the riders is unwilling to admit any possibility that it was his fault, then it is in fact his fault" but it seems that way to me in both of these cases.  Perhaps I can replace the words "in fact" with "likely" and that will handle it.

Recover well guys...see you out there next year...and great positive discussion about an unfortunate event.

Tad
CCS AM #818

Dori Ninja

if ur refering to me id like to know where i denounced any responsibility??? i said i didnt know who casued it and multiple times pointed out that i was not blaming him! if ur not refering to me then this comment is worthless lol but it is what it is and all we can do is move forward......
Expert #414
Braap Monster Racing | Creative Custom Airbrush | Vortex | Spy Optics | Replay XD