video of am gtu vir race

Started by jon211, September 22, 2009, 08:47:10 PM

jon211

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDZ3YYZ0tUw

1st start of am gtu race on 9-19-09 at VIR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUV1gX9UC70

2nd start,  somebody lost their belly pan after the kink and the guy next to me must have been pretty close.  I thought it was a bird at first, then i started seeing sponsor stickers.

I'll have the third start up soon.  The case of the gopro started to fog up after the 2nd start.  Has anybody else had that problem?
AM #89

gntbldr

cool videos.

I too have had the gopro's fog up.

#1 make sure you didn't have any condensation in it from leaving the case open overnight.
#2 make sure your seal is clean inside and out as well as where it sits on the cover and in the case.
#3 make sure you didn't leave your camera outside overnight resulting in condensation building up inside it.

when the camera heats up from use is when the fogging happens

drew231506

Nice videos.  Fog was an issue for everyone last weekend.  Atleast it didnt rain.

The gtu race alone had 4 starts didnt it?  hahaha.  I crashed in that one...but im proud to say i didnt cause a red flag.
CCS Expert# 13

Gixxerblade

My wife was laughing about that after everyone had pulled back into the pits. The way somebody said it, "I thought it was a bird..." It was funny.

plasticweld

I wish you had a better start on that race I grided just a head of you but you caught in traffic and I never saw myself in your camera again...Thanks for sharing the video
EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

wadehead

I was one of the guys caught up in the first red flag.  The laps before the first red flag were awesome.  It's too bad it had to happen!  Glad David was alright! And really happy he was able to continue racing the rest of the weekend too! 
#152 EX Mid Atlantic Region
Integrated Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy

mikendzel

How did we get the same number?  You're based in the Mid Atlantic aren't you?

jon211

Northeast actually.  I did the penguin school at loudon last year and just never changed my status to MA. 
AM #89

mikendzel

JayB125

I was the guy that was right beside ya when we passed the belly pan.  I thought i was hit for sure

jon211

I was hoping you would see it.  I got some good vid of you on there.
AM #89

JayB125

Yea the vid looked good. Ive gotta get me a gopro.