News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

vid of me getting taken out at VIR

Started by jon211, September 21, 2009, 09:18:12 PM

jon211

So this was my first real get off.  I'll post the video of the whole race later, but this is a quick clip my buddy put together.

This was the 3rd lap of the middleweight supersport race.  Never did hear from the guy that tried to take me on the inside but blew the turn.

I guess if you crash you might as well get it on video.

enjoy
AM #89

d-wire

Jon,...you sir go taken out BIG.  That guy was WAY out of control.

Thanks for your help this weekend.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

Cowboy 6

Nice move.......  Maybe you should buy him lunch too...

Good to hear you're ok.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

chaplain220

Glad you're okay bro.  If you watch the video close enough you see the bike behind you run off as well, good that he kept his wits and didnt tag you.  I will say that particular patch of T1 grass looks painfully familiar, and oddly enough, so does that crash truck!

jon211

No problem Sean.  You were flying out there.  Looks like you had a pretty successful weekend.

here's the race from the start.
AM #89

jon211

Yea. I didn't catch that till later that somebody else ran off also.  Big thanks to who ever that was.
AM #89

drew231506

Damn.  Bet that surprised you.  Had you turned in yet?  Or did he veer to the outside?  Hard to tell...obviously his fault though.  Glad you're ok.
CCS Expert# 13

funsizeracing

Crashing sucks, but it just looks like a racing incident to me.  Although, having never been to that track and the perspective on a camera very different from actually being there, I could be wrong.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

DEVINC

it seems hard to tell from the cam. but i would agree that he seemed out of line. hope you're feeling ok.

VIR looks like a fast track. wow. or is it just me.

jon211

Its a wide angle lens so what the camera saw is basically what i saw.  I was starting my turn in then a "flash bang" as somebody put it.  Didn't see him till i hit em.  He never turned in either.

I agree this comes along with racing.

Definately go to VIR when you can.  This was my first time there and it's by far my favorite track so far.
AM #89

Gixxerblade

r1owner