News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Attn: Duc racers...could it be???

Started by skiandclimb, September 16, 2009, 11:16:44 AM

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Jason748

Quote from: backMARKr on September 22, 2009, 12:35:56 PM
Bartlett????

You have a 748 in the garage, don't you?

I'll trade you two whiney SVs for it!

Yes, I have one in the garage...
No I won't trade.... and don't you know it's not nice to call Timmay & Kyle "whiney SV's"....  :lmao:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

backMARKr

Quote from: Jason748 on October 02, 2009, 01:57:57 PM
.... and don't you know it's not nice to call Timmay & Kyle "whiney SV's"....  :lmao:

:lmao:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

tstruyk

Quote from: Jason748 on October 02, 2009, 01:57:57 PM
Yes, I have one in the garage...
No I won't trade.... and don't you know it's not nice to call Timmay & Kyle "whiney SV's"....  :lmao:

:err:

:finger:

:lmao:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Ducmarc

looks to me like the more bikes let into lightwt the smaller the grid size i did not look it up but i think it we are averaging 7 to 8 bikes a race which makes it mandatory to win if you want any contingency . one of the biggest problem is the average old guy in light weight  is comfortable at about 70 or 80 hp  and  just about everything is making more. i mean you can buy a mustang that makes 500hp stock. you spend hours on a dyno to get that 10 years ago. power has affected everything . the next gen. fighters won't have pilots . cars with 6 and 700 hp. factory. so this catches us old guy's out. so if you go and buy a new competitive bike are you any faster? theirs always someone with skill or no sense that will be faster.  i buy the latest whammy  lightweight a little tuning and i make 100hp and have the latest chassis so what's the difference .i still can't ride any faster. unless traction control and abs really  come along . pay extra for a dyno at the track and dyno the first 3 bikes of all the classes? limit tire sizes like stock cars do ? how do the 2 stroke guys feel there getting crushed by time too? 2 or 3 new types in next year and 2 or 3 drop off.  yeng and yang you still only got 8 bikes and you still get crushed by the guy with a chain drive wallet. it's differant age you can have made or buy anything. years ago you bought a bike and it was fast or slow you fixed it youself or lived with it.now cnc machining has made the averge bike or car go faster coupled with electronics it's going to squish you guts in the corner.  i take my heads to my friend who builds drag bikes from ground up it's a little shop with 2, 5 axis cnc's the first thing he says lets cut out  a pair of new heads with some real race ports . just need a chunk of aluminium and a chunk of money.  it's hopeless     i'll shut up now.

F2RGK

Honestly, all of the slower guys I know on older ducs are going to get whooped just as bad in LW and Thunderbike as they would in B/750/HW.

My Response: 

Bimota 1000......seems to be whooping ass in most classes here in the South!  I don't agree with letting them in these classes...takes away from the point of Thunderbike, can't understand why it's considered a lightweight, etc. etc. either.... It's fast!
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

roadracer162

The Bimota is fast but if you are gonna spend the type of money it takes to purchase and run one it better be fast. There are four that I know of in the Florida region with only three running this year on a consistent basis. Right now only one is kicking some tail and I must say it is a very fast and capable rider-not saying the other riders aren't capable, but that 91 is pretty quick. I still haven't been able to match his pace on the 748 of Marc Miller but I am slowly coming to grips with riding a 748.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Ducmarc

you just need some general Tso chicken about 12.30 and that should pickup the pace  of course a good track day this winter might help tooo

roadracer162

So that's the trick. I have been ordering the mongolian beef instead. Maybe pasta woud be a better fit.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

we got a place in orlando called ho hut you pick your ingredients and sauce and they cook it on a big steel plate. all you can eat. a real hogathon.   mr. boy thinks his lightweight 748 can go 1.19s at moroso if he pushed . turned a 21 on last years daytona tires and said he was cruzing  food for thought to all us lightweight guys.

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

he says that he's only keeping it for the daytona races not local ccs .but 3 seconds off the lap record on a lightweight bike . chris is a really good rider but not te best on the planet  anyway it's all in fun for us right?