So who was at BHF today?

Started by tshort, April 03, 2003, 03:27:18 PM

tshort

What was the track like?  Can't wait to get there.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

SliderPhoto

I was there, but I didn't ride. The track looks nice and smooth. Very slimey today though with a little mud/dirt on the inside of 1 and 3. Overall it was a miserable day, one day I didn't mind sitting on the sidelines. :)

roadracer797

Hey I wasn't there but I do have Ike sleeping at my house and he said the track was great. I just wish I could be there instead of at work. A horrific day at the track is still better than a great day at work.
Craig

rossifumi

I just returned. All I can say is YUCK! Very wet and very cold :( Hopefully the wx will cooperate more tomorrow.

Chef

QuoteA horrific day at the track is still better than a great day at work.
Craig

Thanks Again Craig !!!
UNBELIEVABLE host !!!

And you're right, i think what i said was it was Super to be at the track (finally) instead of work.... ;D

(Dwight) and the rest said Thanks for the Great Hospitality !!!
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

KBOlsen

Despite the cool temps on Sunday, it was surprisingly grippy.   :D :D

They really, REALLY need to get a roller out to take care of the grindings tho... and finish the curbing.
And get some grass growing to stop the flow of dust/mud from the newly-created runoff areas.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

spyderchick

And then? ? ?<-----(in asian voice)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX#996

OK.  Wasn't the original question was who was at BHF?  Well this is what I can remember, but forgive me if I miss anyone or misspell their name.

Kim
Rob940
Speedballer
Steve Diver
Tony (DiMiGo Racing) <sp ?>
Jim Piatek  (any updates after his get off in 7?  :-[)
Dan Ortega
Kevin Hanson
Jeff (F4 Jeff4y)
Super Dave
Mike Schock
Craig Schock
Nate
Ike (that guy was on fire this weekend)
Sean

There are more, I'm just drawing a blank as to who is all on the board.
Paul and Dawn Buxton

the_weggie_man

KB .... how do you get grass to grow the first week in April in WI? ???  Give them a little time to finish things, this isn't Florida.   ;D

GSXR RACER MIKE

I was at BHF for Sunday only and felt like I was already way behind everyone on getting up to speed. I raced my '99 GSXR 600 today, which reminded me why heavy guys should ride bigger bikes and leave the smaller bikes to the guys that are in shape (I'm 230lbs. without any gear on). It was so frustrating having 750's & 1000's blowing by me as soon as I would get to the straights (only ran Heavyweight and Unlimited classes because I will have my '02 GSXR 750 ready by Road America). Because I originally was going to run my 750 I hadn't done a thing to my 600 since last race at Gateway last year. I still had the same 92 octane 'pump gas' that was in the tank from last season in the bike (oops, forgot the Stabil!) and I ran that gas today. At least I was able to get my lap times down to low 20's by the end of the 20 something laps I did today. I think I need to step into this century and buy some new tires also, the Dunlop 207's i'm running on my 600 are from 1999 (used 1 event in '99, 4 events in 02, and today!).
     Overall I actually had fun running in last place today and started feeling comfortable by my 3rd race, despite the 30 something degree temperature.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

DanO966

QuoteOK.  Wasn't the original question was who was at BHF?  Well this is what I can remember, but forgive me if I miss anyone or misspell their name.

Kim
Rob940
Speedballer
Steve Diver
Tony (DiMiGo Racing) <sp ?>
Jim Piatek  (any updates after his get off in 7?  :-[)
Dan Ortega
Kevin Hanson
Jeff (F4 Jeff4y)
Super Dave
Mike Schock
Craig Schock
Nate
Ike (that guy was on fire this weekend)
Sean

There are more, I'm just drawing a blank as to who is all on the board.
Ok, Jimmy(Am 721) is doing as good as he can be...He's in good sprits and what not.
He broke his wrist and broke his shoulder in 4 spots.  
Goes in for surgery tomorrow or Tuesday.  He'll be back in the saddle asap.  I will fill everyone in on the details as I get them.  
He said some expert flagranty rammed him going into 7.  He went straight at 7 seven trying to make the best out of a shitty situation.  Well he went air-born and landed on his shoulder and busted it up.  Man, crashing sucks.  

As for me....Let me tell you something...racing expert is a whole new ball game.  But by the end of today(sun) I started to get on pace...I got wood in Expert MWSS and HWSB...and I also made some money in ULGP...
I have a lot to learn... ??? Man Gordon was on a rail...

The track is Awesome...Really sticky and for the most part smooth.  You gotta love it.  
Maybe next time we're there, I don't have to wear my snowmobile jacket ;D
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

roadracer797

Ike
Hey no problem on you guys staying here it was a blast and you are welcome in my home anytime. If anybody ever gives you any crap you let me know and I will make them look like the barbie bike.
Craig
ps man I feel like h e ll this morning