News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

So who was at BHF today?

Started by tshort, April 03, 2003, 03:27:18 PM

tshort

What was the track like?  Can't wait to get there.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

SliderPhoto

I was there, but I didn't ride. The track looks nice and smooth. Very slimey today though with a little mud/dirt on the inside of 1 and 3. Overall it was a miserable day, one day I didn't mind sitting on the sidelines. :)

roadracer797

Hey I wasn't there but I do have Ike sleeping at my house and he said the track was great. I just wish I could be there instead of at work. A horrific day at the track is still better than a great day at work.
Craig

rossifumi

I just returned. All I can say is YUCK! Very wet and very cold :( Hopefully the wx will cooperate more tomorrow.

Chef

QuoteA horrific day at the track is still better than a great day at work.
Craig

Thanks Again Craig !!!
UNBELIEVABLE host !!!

And you're right, i think what i said was it was Super to be at the track (finally) instead of work.... ;D

(Dwight) and the rest said Thanks for the Great Hospitality !!!
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

KBOlsen

Despite the cool temps on Sunday, it was surprisingly grippy.   :D :D

They really, REALLY need to get a roller out to take care of the grindings tho... and finish the curbing.
And get some grass growing to stop the flow of dust/mud from the newly-created runoff areas.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

spyderchick

And then? ? ?<-----(in asian voice)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX#996

OK.  Wasn't the original question was who was at BHF?  Well this is what I can remember, but forgive me if I miss anyone or misspell their name.

Kim
Rob940
Speedballer
Steve Diver
Tony (DiMiGo Racing) <sp ?>
Jim Piatek  (any updates after his get off in 7?  :-[)
Dan Ortega
Kevin Hanson
Jeff (F4 Jeff4y)
Super Dave
Mike Schock
Craig Schock
Nate
Ike (that guy was on fire this weekend)
Sean

There are more, I'm just drawing a blank as to who is all on the board.
Paul and Dawn Buxton

the_weggie_man

KB .... how do you get grass to grow the first week in April in WI? ???  Give them a little time to finish things, this isn't Florida.   ;D

GSXR RACER MIKE

I was at BHF for Sunday only and felt like I was already way behind everyone on getting up to speed. I raced my '99 GSXR 600 today, which reminded me why heavy guys should ride bigger bikes and leave the smaller bikes to the guys that are in shape (I'm 230lbs. without any gear on). It was so frustrating having 750's & 1000's blowing by me as soon as I would get to the straights (only ran Heavyweight and Unlimited classes because I will have my '02 GSXR 750 ready by Road America). Because I originally was going to run my 750 I hadn't done a thing to my 600 since last race at Gateway last year. I still had the same 92 octane 'pump gas' that was in the tank from last season in the bike (oops, forgot the Stabil!) and I ran that gas today. At least I was able to get my lap times down to low 20's by the end of the 20 something laps I did today. I think I need to step into this century and buy some new tires also, the Dunlop 207's i'm running on my 600 are from 1999 (used 1 event in '99, 4 events in 02, and today!).
     Overall I actually had fun running in last place today and started feeling comfortable by my 3rd race, despite the 30 something degree temperature.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

DanO966

QuoteOK.  Wasn't the original question was who was at BHF?  Well this is what I can remember, but forgive me if I miss anyone or misspell their name.

Kim
Rob940
Speedballer
Steve Diver
Tony (DiMiGo Racing) <sp ?>
Jim Piatek  (any updates after his get off in 7?  :-[)
Dan Ortega
Kevin Hanson
Jeff (F4 Jeff4y)
Super Dave
Mike Schock
Craig Schock
Nate
Ike (that guy was on fire this weekend)
Sean

There are more, I'm just drawing a blank as to who is all on the board.
Ok, Jimmy(Am 721) is doing as good as he can be...He's in good sprits and what not.
He broke his wrist and broke his shoulder in 4 spots.  
Goes in for surgery tomorrow or Tuesday.  He'll be back in the saddle asap.  I will fill everyone in on the details as I get them.  
He said some expert flagranty rammed him going into 7.  He went straight at 7 seven trying to make the best out of a shitty situation.  Well he went air-born and landed on his shoulder and busted it up.  Man, crashing sucks.  

As for me....Let me tell you something...racing expert is a whole new ball game.  But by the end of today(sun) I started to get on pace...I got wood in Expert MWSS and HWSB...and I also made some money in ULGP...
I have a lot to learn... ??? Man Gordon was on a rail...

The track is Awesome...Really sticky and for the most part smooth.  You gotta love it.  
Maybe next time we're there, I don't have to wear my snowmobile jacket ;D
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

roadracer797

Ike
Hey no problem on you guys staying here it was a blast and you are welcome in my home anytime. If anybody ever gives you any crap you let me know and I will make them look like the barbie bike.
Craig
ps man I feel like h e ll this morning

jgf

I was there on Saturday taking the learning curves school man was it cold but track is much nicer now. saw a bunch of familiar faces and saw some good racing, looking forward to join the rest of you (when its warmer!)

Sucks to here about Jim, Dan he need anything let me know

KBOlsen

LOL, Gordy - I'm not complaining.  It will all be done before long, and the minor inconvenience will be well worth the end result.

I'm still grinning from the weekend.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

lbk

My wife and I were there Saturday along with my son Ethan. Of course we spent a lot of time in the car. Since we were only there to spectate and my wife got another chance to try out the new camera.

Saw a few people, but glad I wasn't riding. It was COLD!!

Ok, jgf reveal yourself man! You've got to be someone I know but not sure who. Is it Jeff?

jgf

QuoteMy wife and I were there Saturday along with my son Ethan. Of course we spent a lot of time in the car. Since we were only there to spectate and my wife got another chance to try out the new camera.

Saw a few people, but glad I wasn't riding. It was COLD!!

Ok, jgf reveal yourself man! You've got to be someone I know but not sure who. Is it Jeff?

dave, silly we did this before its jim! ;D

lbk

Too funny!  ;D

Can't keep all the different screen names on the different boards straight. LOL

lil_thorny

dan-o,
benji here. sorry to here about #721 he was looking pretty good out there. he was giving me and ike some trouble. hope to see him in the heavyweights
later this year. and you....you got quite the machine there. let me tell you, people took notice of you on sunday my friend. hell-of-a-job brotha. wait till it gets warm. see you on the 8th of may.
Benji
am #30.

DanO966

Quotedan-o,
benji here. sorry to here about #721 he was looking pretty good out there. he was giving me and ike some trouble. hope to see him in the heavyweights
later this year. .

I don't know if Jim's gonna make it back this year.  As of now, the Docs are saying no riding and or racing for a year.  But Jim is a tough guy I hope to see him making it back sooner.  Maybe hit some late season races.  
Quoteand you....you got quite the machine there. let me tell you, people took notice of you on sunday my friend. hell-of-a-job brotha. wait till it gets warm. see you on the 8th of may.
Benji
am #30.
Ya I was starting to get on pace by sunday.  Starting to feel better.  Getting the bike sorted out (thanks super-dave for the help).  I can't wait til next time I should be rolling by then... ;)
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

roadrashroeser

Dan great job at BHF, was glad to see you race. As for ben you were railiing in UNLSS tried to follow you but you got by the first 5 experts so fast I lost ya. But Im glad I have someone fast to catch up to also.
Mike Roeser

Chef

QuoteIke
Hey no problem on you guys staying here it was a blast and you are welcome in my home anytime. If anybody ever gives you any crap you let me know and I will make them look like the barbie bike.
Craig
ps man I feel like h e ll this morning

Craig,
that one benji guy hit me in the eye  :o (take him out!)  ::)
... i am sore tho, 4 days in the cold after the layoff has me walkin pretty slow!
hows your head? time for you to trade that 250 for an rc 51 !!!
schocking to find a family as kind as yours in these days and time, tell ma if she ever has dinner left over, im doin the dishes that nite, and puttin away the food !!! WOW!, that is a cook! but shout to Karen, Mike, Jenny, Ken, Heath and John... and them cool a$$ kitty cats over there pouncin people in there sleep, what a blast !!!  What could be better than racin with friends.

i gotta stop there, im about to explode with days of excitement....
Paul and Dawn, Kim and Jon, Jack was setup next to me (and i forgot your bro.'s name) K3,Joe and Dave v. (Chi-town Hustlers), the St.Louis crew, sdiver, SBaller, Tod, met nateR, met a cool guy, Loren, Benji made me look real bad on sunday! <explicit!> but He's too cool for me to hold it against him, Anthony(DiDi Mao)(means get your Butt moving like, yesterday) Fast Eddie B. and the pretty lady (i forgot her name on purpose(respect) Super_Dave and the Instructors for VRS (Dave, i want my hat and t-shirt(you penny pincher!)(Rick and Brian LCR (good guys with experience)
ok, CCS staff, Corner workers are cool (and helpful) rob940

im just gonna abruptly stop myself, too much fun!!!    and it's a shame, cuz half the midwest (great lakes and plains) guys stayed away for the weather, no one south  or west would ever try that !!!  (not a parting shot, just that WE'RE CRAZY !!!) (and you dont gotta tell us, we KNOW)

Ike

ps,
DanO, Do tell Jimmy We're WITH him !!! and apologize to him for me cuz i was about to walk over to show some luv, but was lazy!!!
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Eddie#200

I was there too...all I can say is I hate it when it's ccccold! :-[

Chef

Quotedan-o,
later this year. and you....you got quite the machine there. let me tell you, people took notice of you on sunday my friend. hell-of-a-job brotha. wait till it gets warm. see you on the 8th of may.
Benji
am #30.

hey Benji,

when you said to me at the start line, that it was gonna be "you and me"
did you intend to wait up for me ??????

Congrats on a most splendid weekend !!!

how many 1st's did you come away with ?

lil_thorny

ike,
i meant we gotta set the bar and be "the guys" to follow.. kinda like Mike and Andy last year. hey, you
said yourself you weren't sure about the d.o.t's in the
cold weather. i know it is sometimes hard to trust and
more importantly "who" to trust. well props to super dave, p.j. and russ. they said and i quote" run the
d.o.t.'s, but put the damn tire warmers on and get em nice and hot" so i did and that thing was on rails
once we got it somewhat dialed-in. oh yeah, i took home (6) 1st's (2) 3rds and a nice 4th thanks to you
jimmy and J.J. not bad for a guy battling mono. my fingers are still numb. you were a rocket ship in the first two gt races.... can't wait to battle again...
much luv,
Benj.

sdiver68

Benji, Ike you were both going good!  

Congrats to both of you!

Dano, I finally got you once but you ran away a few times  :( ...but no more BHF for me since that's the only one on the GP schedule!  For the rest of the season its either neutral tracks or my home track :)

Eddie you and me both.  Could never quite get cold track out of my head...but did match my warm track lap times form last year late season (1:18's) so all was not lost.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

Dano

Give this link to Jim...

http://www.seacoastvitamins.com/EthicalNutrients/bonebuilder5.html

This is a bone builder.  Been a few of us that used it.  Allowed my broken hand to be pretty much healed in about two weeks.  It works.

Ike...  I switched hats in the AM.  Left the other one...  I have shirts.  Missed you on that one...

And drop me a note too.visionsprt@netwurx.net
Super Dave

DanO966

Dave,
I'll pass that info on to him.  and thanks for the help this weekend.   :)
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

roadracer797

Ike
Hey you point out who you want taken out and I'll run um over with whats left of the bike, by the way I think I still have friends in very low places that would help  ;D.
Craig

shook1

Sorry I missed it, but Ice and cold just don't go together. ;D

Congratulations Ike and the rest of you guy's on a good weekend.

I'll see you out there soon.......

Damn computer lost the password and I can't remember my username (too many crashes)  Oh well, guess its back to newbie status again.

Speedballer347

That track ROCK'D!
Much better than Gateway.  Even though it's not on the GP's scedule, I will be back this summer :)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing