tire matching question

Started by f3racer, August 06, 2009, 11:14:50 AM

f3racer

what do most of you recommend as far as matching the front and rear compounds on tires.  for example if i go with a soft front should i go with a soft rear too?
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

DEVINC

i dont know much but listen to the vendor. i've heard similiar things to what you are saying before but your best bet is to listen to whoever your vendor is on selection

red900

Nope, we run different compounds front to rear all the time.  Just try to keep them from the same family.  Dont want to run a D209 front on a Superbike slick rear..... 
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

MUZ720

You should check with the vender and get there imput. also check around to see what the fast guys are running?
  With that in mind running different compounds front- rear is no issue ,your style and bike setup are as important as anything.   
  So try different compounds front / rear you my like a med front with a soft rear ??   I have also run a slick rear with a dot front with good results again bike setup will dictate what feels good. Track conditions are also a factor. So keep a open mind and good luck.