News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

End Of MY 2009 Thread

Started by mikendzel, July 31, 2009, 03:11:50 PM

mikendzel

Hello friends!

I had a great 3/4 of a season out there with everyone!  I met a bunch of good people this year, and you were as cool to know off track as it was to race you on track.  I really wish I was still out there with you, but I broke my wrist in a high side at NJMP, and the 16 weeks in a cast will eclipse the entire remainder of the season.... :wah:

My 2nd attempt at a full season was foiled again, but I accomplished several personal goals, so all in all it was a great year.  I had my first Top 15, Top 10 and Top 5 this year; lowered my personal best laps by 3 seconds and 5 seconds at Summit and VIR respectively, I raced to the end in EVERY race this year against a competitor, and surprised myself by almost qualifying for the Michelin Championship at Barber (after not attending the Carolina rounds).

I would like to thank the following people:

CCS Staff - I tried to keep the number of questions and cancellations to a minimum this year!  Thanks for running a great organization!!!

Bill Sylvester - His motivational wisdom helped keep my head on straight, and I also talked his ear off from Easton, MD to VIR and back!!!  Sorry Bill, and thanks man!  Also thank Julie again for that sweet suite at VIR!!!

Kenny Martin - Thanks for showing me what I did with those forks man!  You, Brad and Doug should come to the Shore and hang out sometime!

VISA - My 2nd year Pre-Entry Sponsor, thanks for the first wave grid positions!  I'll pay you back soon.

Suomy - You guys do some good work with those helmets!  Mine introduced itself to the NJMP pavement several times, and I remember everything!  It did this:  :banghead:

Dainese - Sweet gloves; a combined 200 feet or so of pavement sliding from 2 crashes on the same pair of gloves and the only thing wrong with them is they smell a little funny.   :biggrin:    P.S. make a suit that fits people who aren't "big in the middle" please!  Suits are pretty good too.

Art Lohman - You talked me into staying at Summit 4th of July weekend, and I'm glad you did!  Thanks for believing in me when I didn't!

Mike Jordan - Thanks for not wrecking my bike during your GTO at Summit!

Lisa Michael - Your help with my arm issues was amazing, and thank you for helping with our bike stands!

Bob Michael / B&E Motorsports - You are a truly invaluable dude, so far as sponsorship AND knowledge!  Bob spent many late nights in his shop keeping me and my bike running great all year, even when his own bike needed work too.  Not only did I not suffer a single mechanical DNF, but Bob's advice helped me drop those lap times.  You're a great friend.    B&E Motorsports is in Easton, MD  (410) 822-6855

To all my friends (Russ, Bob, Pete, Shawn, Nate, Jeff, Doug, Brad, Mark, Kathy, Joe, Cecilia, Steve, Dale, Craig, John, etc..) I'll see you guys at Summit, even though I won't be racing. 

Macon663

Didn't I tow your ass into the 20s at summit?  No shout out for that?  Gez!!

Heres to a full and speedy recovery Mike!

mikendzel

Quote from: Macon663 on July 31, 2009, 03:19:48 PM
Didn't I tow your ass into the 20s at summit?  No shout out for that?  Gez!!

Heres to a full and speedy recovery Mike!

You couldn't have gotten me into the 18's???
:biggrin:  See you at Summit fool!

plasticweld

See you at Summit Mike sorry that your season had to end this way..Bob
EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

MELK-MAN

This sport we love is kinda brutal, and it is almost inevitable that bones will get broken if your in it for any length of time. Some injuries are worse than others, and in your case impossible to ride with. Heal up fast!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Rick Johnson 29

Heal up soon. Come by and say hello at Summit.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

racer911

sorry to hear about the wrist, mike.  heal up quickly.  there's always next year.
Bobby
#910 EX

Cowboy 6

Heal well Mike. We look fwd to seeing you at Summit.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

mikendzel

Next year can't come soon enough, I LOVE this stuff!!!

chaplain220

Whaaat!!?? Your season is over?  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!??  NO!  And it's not over now!  (just a little inspiration for quick healing).  Dude you are getting fast and this comes with the territory, you also have a good heart and great sense of humor, which of course, really helps when you are a roadracer.  Hopefully you will heal sooner than expected, but I'm glad to see during the down time you are still staying connected to our racin bros.  Yeah, it sucks not to be on a bike when you're at the track, but the friends will keep that competitive fire alive.  Plus chicks dig the cast, and where most guys would have to lie and say they broke their arm racing motorcyles, to cover up their slip off the ladder, you actually did break your arm racing motorcycles!  Which translates into many cool conversations.  Here's a pic of our bro Mike Endzel and his bike at Bob Michael's shop.

And of course, no matter how rough the road to recovery may get, no matter what clouds of darkness and rain will cast their gray shadow of misty dark across your path, and regardless of how many of life's growling wolves come pee on your leg...er...arm.  You always have your friends here ready to take advantage of...I mean...help you in any situation.

Heal up quick bro, we'll see you out there again soon.

Cowboy 6

He he he!!   Barkley too  !!! 
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Xpat2b

Hey Mike...check out this guy:

He was racing at Barber last weekend!
Race fan
Retired MARRC Cornerworker

mikendzel

HA HA HA HA HA HA.............

Art, sleep lightly my friend, I'm cooking up a super special revenge for you.  (Cue end of Thriller laugh)
:ass:

2old2fat2slow

Quote from: SkinandLeather.com on August 22, 2009, 07:05:46 PM
Hey Mike...check out this guy:

He was racing at Barber last weekend!
That young man is an inspiration. Heart of a warrior indeed!
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

Xpat2b

Quote from: 2old2fat2slow on August 24, 2009, 11:37:02 AM
That young man is an inspiration. Heart of a warrior indeed!

...and to add to the inspiration, by coincidence I sat next to this guy on the flight to Birmingham:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/vQP0rZtr3ic/Paralympics+Day+6+Wheelchair+Rugby/BTZxA_FIqQQ/Nick+Springer

Amazing athletes!
+1000

(....so, Mikey why is your season over???  :wah:)
Race fan

mikendzel

Quote from: SkinandLeather.com on August 24, 2009, 09:38:49 PM
(....so, Mikey why is your season over???  :wah:)

I've been told by the doctors 12-16 weeks, so I won't have my cast off until after VIR, maybe not until after Daytona.

Xpat2b

Quote from: mikendzel on August 25, 2009, 08:12:20 AM
I've been told by the doctors 12-16 weeks, so I won't have my cast off until after VIR, maybe not until after Daytona.

Geez, Mike I"m trying to help u out here...what do the doctors know, anyway?  Just show them Brett's video about moving the bike controls to one side....

[so much for my feeble attempt at internet humor ~ I am kidding]

Heal up quick!
Race fan

mikendzel

Quote from: SkinandLeather.com on August 25, 2009, 08:56:15 AM
Geez, Mike I"m trying to help u out here...what do the doctors know, anyway?  Just show them Brett's video about moving the bike controls to one side....

[so much for my feeble attempt at internet humor ~ I am kidding]

Heal up quick!

Ha!!!  I definitely missed the joke!!