AMA Pro Racing - Tire Marshalls - Topeka, VIR & New Jersey

Started by RHStem, July 26, 2009, 09:34:06 AM

RHStem

AMA Pro Racing is in need of Tire Marshalls for our three remaining 2009 events. I don't believe these events overlap any CCS/ASRA events. I am the CCS/Southwest Race Director and have worked for and with Kevin for over 25 years.

Our events are at Heartland Park, Topeka on July 31 to August 2. VIR August 14 - 16 and New Jersey Motorsports Park September 4 - 6, 2009.

What we do is issue a certain color and number of stickers for the tires to each competitor when they come through tech. Our job is to stop all bikes prior to them going on the track and checking for stickers, logging the numbers and the colors. It is very simple but the riders know we are watching. We will be working rain or shine so come prepared.

For your efforts you will be given a credential good for all three days, a parking pass to the P1 lot for your vehicle, a shirt and lunch everyday that you work. In addition you will be given two more credentials for you to assign to your guests. These are entry credentials only and do not include parking, shirt or lunch. You will pick up your credentials at the Registration building, AMA Will Call window. You must give the names of your guests for the free credentials. Your guests must come to Will Call, show picture ID to claim the pass. Minors must be accompanied by the legal guardian/parent in order to receive the pass.

Registration/AMA Will Call opens Thursday from 3-7 pm and again Friday morning at 7 am. My wife will be there at 630 am to assist Tire Marshalls. We will have a briefing in the AMA Tech Garage at 715 am Friday morning so get there ASAP after you get your credentials and get parked. Friday we work from 745 am to around 4 pm. Saturday and Sunday we work from 745 am until around 1100 am.

If this sounds good to you, let me know what days you can volunteer and we will get you on the list. Friday is our heaviest day and hardest to cover. Contact me at rhstem49@msn.com or on my cell at 623-337-6422.

Thank you,

Randy B. Stem
AMA Pro Racing
Tire Control