News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Need Brake Help

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 02, 2003, 12:02:33 PM

FUBAR606

Folks,

I know this may not help fix your individual problems, but my front wheel spin will make you sick. I get pretty close to 20 rotations out of a hand spin.

My secret...I completely dismantle the calibers every 3 or 4 race weekends and THOROUGHLY clean them. I have never replaced any of the OEM parts. I remove any burrs from the pistons with steel wool and soak the dust and oil seals in fresh brake fluid and wipe each one down individually.

Then once installed, I ensure my wheel/rotors (which incidently float freely) are perfectly centered for maximum clearance. When changing tires I only remove/loosen the axle from one side so that the collar (the widget the axle tightens into) does not move thus ensuring the wheel is mounted back in the same spot before it was removed.

Feel free to take it for a spin if you are around me in the pits...it really will knock your socks off if you are into low friction.

FUBAR606

QuoteDamn Steve!  Rough weekend.  I really did feel like a moron that day.  You were a very good sport about the whole thing.  I will be much more skeptical about used parts, and will never try and save money on sh1t like that again.  I definately owe you a beer or two! ;)

It was all good. Each contact incident just raised my level of confidence.

Don't feel like a moron at all...it is all part of racing and learning  :) You were really cool about it, which made me have the attitude I did.

I'll take you up on that beer at VIR this weekend. I'll be staying at the track and attending the awards banquet, so you have your chance  :D

I hope to see you there!

Bernie

I burned a coupla holes in my leathers (they're at Barnacle Bills) and am still waiting on a few parts, so I don't expect to be back in action until Summit, first weekend in May.  I'll have some cold brewskis for when I see you later this year at VIR or Savannah. ;)

Bernie

QuoteBesides, your bike hitting me broadside just gave me that much more confidence at being at full lean and getting t-boned at being able to keep it up  ;)

You know, that is really something, now that I think about it.  It would have been one thing if I had a reasonable bike, but my TL must weigh 5 million freaking pounds.  Pretty impressive on your part to stay on two wheels!! :o

FUBAR606

QuoteYou know, that is really something, now that I think about it.  It would have been one thing if I had a reasonable bike, but my TL must weigh 5 million freaking pounds.  Pretty impressive on your part to stay on two wheels!! :o

The hidden training wheels helped treamendously  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

unforgivenracing

You know, a while back I menctioned something about race rotors, that you said "was'nt on your critical list."   ???Next time..
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn