Mid-O RRGNC's

Started by ekraft84, July 01, 2009, 01:50:58 PM

ekraft84

I know it's a bit early, but has anyone heard anything for this event?  Interested to see what changes, if any might happen, and what restrictions there are on entering ..

Thanks ..
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

TracksideS&E

I know that in years past if you held an AMA Pro license - You were excluded from the event... But I don't see how they can do that this season since the event is a multi regional points paying event... I plan on racing - And I have held an AMA Road Race license since 05'.....

Any thoughts - Insight?

ekraft84

I've agreed with the AMA Pro license rule, but I'm hoping that will change, at least slightly.  Last year most of the riders that were there are now AMA Pro licensed riders.  I did one AMA race myself and am back to WERA/CCS racing.  I wouldn't classify myself as someone the rule was originally intended for (AMA regulars), so I'm hoping there's a bit of a change in that regard.

I just want to race at the Mid-Ohio.  It's a great track and facility ..
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

klebs01

Has anyone heard anything new about this?  It doesn't seem like the schedule or any info is out yet.  It's kind of getting late for nothing.
Nathan Kleba  AM #72

ziepfenj

I sent an email to the AMA racing department.  I agree with the running w/an AMA card, as it would be unfair not to run an event in your series.  However, I couldn't see these racers being a part of the horizon award (if they even have it this year).

truckstop

It's my understanding that the CCS races and the RRGC are separate events on the same weekend, so you should be able to participate in the CCS races if you are not eligible for the RRGC. That may have changed and I could be completely wrong though.

cpettit

I'd like to see some info on this event soon. I have raced it the last two years and they usually have something out by now. Cmon peeps.......... i gotta schedule some time off work and let my fans know when to show up!!!!!

hernan52

A link to the event schedule and entry forms is now available on the CCS site:
Look in "Schedule of Events and Results" -> Mid Ohio -  Sept. 11-12-13

The entry form goes to AMA (not CCS)!

Friday: Practice
Saturday: Qualifying (12 minute sessions)
Sunday: Races

Good luck to all

Hernan
You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.

Burt Munro

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

ton

wow.  are they seriously going to grid us (amateur) in a wave behind the experts in the middleweight classes?  i'm gonna get caught in about 3 laps...
AM #303

Team Spalding

Link for entry forms do not work
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

G-reg

--Greg
MW EX#84