SkidMark

Started by Gino230, June 28, 2009, 10:30:37 PM

Gino230

Hey Mark,

As I was pulling out of the paddock today I heard the announcer saying you were down on the 748....

Hope you're ok,

Gino
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

roadracer162

Gino,

I don't know when you departed but dang it, I fell in two different races. I am beaten, battered and sore but the bike took the worst of it. I tested the theory that it doesn't hurt quite as muc crashing in the rain. Highsided in T5 during the F40 race after running up onto the curbing-dang that thing is slippery. Then I hydroplaned into T1 and did my best break dance moves kinda like Melka a couple years back in the rain-I almost jumped right up and "strike a pose".

I felt good all weekend even though I was slow. track i felt was pretty slippery, but I just didn't make the right adjustment to my riding for the conditions. Lesson learned. PBIR next.  Thanks Gino, for the concern.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Fast Cletus

Mark
have to say glad your OK, and always hate it when a fellow rider goes down, but it was amusing watching you hydro plane in T1
Jimmy
CCS Racer #552
2001 Ducati Monster 600 & 2001 Ducati Supersport 900

roadracer162

Glad I could be your entertainment. Thanks Jim.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Burt Munro

Did

Mark's

Duc

look

anything

this one

losing

traction?

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

roadracer162

Hahahahaha....I had that exact look on my face, and yeah the Duc did slide in similar fashion. Thanks Burt.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

MELK-MAN

the big puddle that forms in the transition and beyond of T1 is always interesting. Some of the guys that race there are totally fearless. Hope you guys get the bike back on track and glad to hear your mostly ok Mark!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

roadracer162

Thanks all. I did my little hydroplane thingy way before that big puddle. The puddle was there from the start but by the second lap it was raining so hard I lost sight of Mendez down the back straight. By the time I arrived at T1 I could see Mendez going through the big puddle but I was caught out by somthing else way before T1. I was stright up vertical before I felt a splash on my visor, the front became light and it flicked left. I slid for a very long time and thought, "how far is that wall before I get there"?

The most fun part about it is at home when Nancy stripped me all down to take a look at me.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Fast Cletus

CCS Racer #552
2001 Ducati Monster 600 & 2001 Ducati Supersport 900

Ducmarc

well i got the bike back together minus the bodywook started and sounds good big thanks to larry zolo for tuning the new throttlebodys to bad we couldn't run in the dry about out of ater pump covers anybody got any 5 bolt ones or a cover protector.2 in two races almost cleaned me out

Gino230

Glad to hear you're ok Mark. I wussed out after the rain started and packed it in. No budget for rain tires, plus I didn't want to scratch up my fancy new bodywork.

I know, I know, real pros need to know how to rain ride, but I'm an amateur at heart anyway, even if I do have white plates.....besides, if Nicky ever gets hurt while I happen to be at the GP and they say "hey Gino, can you help us out?" I'll learn fast, I promise.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

roadracer162

No wussing out there, that's being wise. If I made some different choices I wouldn't have beten up Marc's 748.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22