News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tires??

Started by f3racer, June 25, 2009, 09:01:18 AM

f3racer

i just got some take off dunlops. front is a 209gp, back is a kr108 with a "mladin cut"   i know the kr108 should be full slick but this one is treaded. anyone heard of this or used these?
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

roadracer162

It's always best to be on tires you don't have to ask advice about. I say spend the bucks and get on rubber that you know are good for you. Anything new is a good place to start.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Ducmarc

don't ask mark about the tires we started on . go to the next race and talk around and find you a good 100 buck set  if you can't afford new

roadracer162

Hahahaha. Ok, point made but advice given is always best to be more sure. It always happens where I give advice to save a few bucks, the rider crashes, and I get blamed for bad information.

For me, I have confidence in whatever tire we choose. I just know there are limitations and ride within them. That's why I am not that fast.
Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

f3racer

Quote from: skidMARK on June 26, 2009, 08:35:48 AM
It always happens where I give advice to save a few bucks, the rider crashes, and I get blamed for bad information.

im going cheap for now.  soooo... should i blame you now, or after i crash? lol
Will

roadracer162

Jump on the bandwagon and start now. hahahaha.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

benprobst

Quote from: f3racer on June 26, 2009, 08:39:42 AM
im going cheap for now.  soooo... should i blame you now, or after i crash? lol

When you come out to Gateway come see me. Im on a yellow R1 expert 877. Ill get you on some great Michelins for the trackday on saturday for not a lot of money.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

f3racer

Will

Burt Munro

F3Racer,

I'll vouch for him - Ben's a good resource on a lot of racing issues - especially race bike setup.  And he lives in STL.

I use to pick on him quite a bit, but he's starting to come around now that he's no longer a teenager!!  :ass:   :biggrin:

(and as a pre-emptive strike...... disregard anything 'BackMarker' may come on here and post.  He's still trying get his meds balanced out after he went through that pre-frontal lobotomy!)   :ahhh:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

f3racer

Will

benprobst

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 26, 2009, 12:57:25 PM
F3Racer,

I'll vouch for him - Ben's a good resource on a lot of racing issues - especially race bike setup.  And he lives in STL.

I use to pick on him quite a bit, but he's starting to come around now that he's no longer a teenager!!  :ass:   :biggrin:

(and as a pre-emptive strike...... disregard anything 'BackMarker' may come on here and post.  He's still trying get his meds balanced out after he went through that pre-frontal lobotomy!)   :ahhh:

:lmao:
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

apriliaman

if you buy new bridgestone is very good and the lowest price.skidmark #22 can tell you how those tires work.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

roadracer162

Bridgestones have worked well for me as long as you find the right set-up (Super Dave). Michelin have impressed me with their latest stuff. Now if only someone from Dunlop and Pirelli would step up and give me some to try.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

ronhix

Quote from: skidMARK on July 04, 2009, 01:08:28 PM
Now if only someone from Dunlop ... would step up and give me some to try.

Mark

I can hook up you up with some Dunlops.  Which tires would you like to try?
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

Carnag3

Dunlops D211 FTW takeoffs :)
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

f3racer

Will

ronhix

Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

roadracer162

Ron,

What do you suggest for my Little Ducati 800. Superbike spec is what I am running. 120/180.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22