Main Menu

Updated ASRA rules

Started by funsizeracing, June 16, 2009, 10:36:09 AM

HAWK

What are you riding this year Becka?
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

funsizeracing

1000DS.  I weighed more than I thought, so I only have to add 50 lbs.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

George_Linhart

Becka - maybe they will let you and I weigh both of our bikes together and then take an average?

This rule change does suck  I really liked the concept of a limiting power to weight ratio to keep things fair.   In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't go crazy with the Titanium, Magnesium and Carbon Fiber - as it stands right now I should be comfortably over the minimum weight but not to a crazy amount.

I'll see you at Topeka!

George

123user

Dammit!!!  I'll either have to add 10lbs to my 1000ds or start drinking more beer.

Ducmarc

well at least now you don't have to buy all the tricky electronics with 5 differant maps so you can hide all that extra horsepower just need a little shot of that special stuff we used to keep in the back of the refrigerator.

funsizeracing

I guess I'll put myself and the bike on the scale to see exactly how much I'd have to add.   
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

ekraft84

Quote from: Ducmarc on June 17, 2009, 10:35:49 PM
well at least now you don't have to buy all the tricky electronics with 5 differant maps so you can hide all that extra horsepower just need a little shot of that special stuff we used to keep in the back of the refrigerator.

Is that what a lot of guys were doing?  Also, how were people adding weight?

I always found the hp and weight numbers interesting when reading the results in RRW - how the same bikes could vary by as much as 10-15 pounds.  I would figure much of that could be fuel, but who knows what else.

As for the dyno'ing - do you think it was a cost cutting measure?  Or removed because it was difficult to enforce?
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

Super Dave

Quote from: ekraft84 on June 23, 2009, 03:02:52 PM
Is that what a lot of guys were doing?  Also, how were people adding weight?

I always found the hp and weight numbers interesting when reading the results in RRW - how the same bikes could vary by as much as 10-15 pounds.  I would figure much of that could be fuel, but who knows what else.

As for the dyno'ing - do you think it was a cost cutting measure?  Or removed because it was difficult to enforce?
I assume that it was a cost to Factory Pro?  Enforcement is still a "problem".  I've heard stories of different maps.  Never had that much financial opportunity to do anything like that.  I guess it leaves some bikes pretty uncorked.  Kind of sucks for those that are on a budget (me), but with LWSB based machines being more of the norm vs LWSS bikes there is some sense to be made of opening the rules in an attempt to attract a few more entries.
Super Dave

Gino230

I think it was just too hard to enforce.

According to the dyno, my Duc 1000 DS was within a few HP of the BMWs at Daytona in '08, and they blasted past our whole little frieght train in Nascar 4 during Thunderbike qualifying....

Don't give me any BS about drives or rider weight, an extra 15 MPH when you're flat out in 6th only means one thing.......more HP or better aero, which I doubt the Beemers had.

I don't know much about the latest ECUs, but I do know that they all have multiple maps and switching between them can make a huge difference, and can be as easy as pushing the high beam or start switch a few times once the bike is running.

I liked the idea of the HP limits, but it's just too hard to enforce. At least now I'll have an excuse for coming in 10th......
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

skiandclimb

Ignorant as I seem to be- does this have any bearing on the CCS Thunderbike class, or is my 996 still banned?  lol

-ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

apriliaman

for 1000 air cooled and under it is 570lbs?  My bike is 419 full tank so it will be around 400 after the race.I about 165-170,havent checked yet with all my gear on so i would be real close to the lbs limit.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Ducmarc

i think your 996 is still illegal