News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Van and 2 bikes stolen Message

Started by RickyRacer, October 08, 2001, 12:15:05 PM

RickyRacer

I am posting for a fellow rider.

Van and 2 bikes stolen Message.

Hi all. Doug and I packed up the van last night to go to a track day and it was stolen overnight. We lost the bikes as well as the tools and usual stuff you pack for a trackday. If you see or hear about the van or either bike please email scott@lanes.com or call 978.745.9398. There is a reward for information leading to the return of these

. Here are the details:

Both bikes were 2000 Ducati SS750's

1 red full fairing. Two Brothers V.3 racing clipons. FG (blue) remote reservoir racing shock, with a clear anti abrasion wrap around it. Gianelli Titanium high pipes. STM light flywheel. STM crankcase breather with a clear tube going up to a K&N filter under the seat. Silver aluminum chain adjusters. Ti fork pinch bolts and Ti caliper bolts. This bike has body damage on the left side from a lowside, the clipon, sidestand, exhaust, footpeg front axle were all ground down a bit , and the clutch lever is broken off, but the bike is ridable so it may be on the road as-is. There is a set of blue spidi rain gear under the seat. Had an STM sticker on the let rear fairing. Charcoal canister and misc EPA stuff was all removed.

1 yellow half fairing. Two Brothers V.3 racing clipons. FOX remote reservoir racing shock, with a black anti abrasion wrap around it. Arrow Titanium high pipes. Brembo GP front brake master. Gold aluminum chain adjusters. There is a set of OSI rain gear under the seat. Has BCM stickers on the tank.

The van was a white 88 Ford E350 1 ton extended van, white cargo-style. Set up with wheel chocks to hold 3 bikes. The usual sponsor-like stickers were on the back windows. Fabric captains chair on the drivers side, the stock seat on the passenger side. Big dent in the front right. Roof racks. Has the usual assortment of tie downs straps and assorted race expendables (chainwax, oil, etc) inside. Also inside was a set of wood ramps with home depot ramp tops.

Also in the van: Crafstman tool chest with all my bike tools, lots of Italian MC stickers on the box. Box is full of crafstman tools and the usual assortment of race stuff (wire pliers, spool of wire, extra number plates, etc). Vanson 1 piece gray, blue and black suit, and a Vanson 2 piece suit in black with knee sliders. AGV Q3 Vent white helmet with LRRS tech stickers and a WDW sticker on the top. Arai Squadra Corse helmet. Dianese T-Age gloves with damage to left glove (from same lowside). Pit bull rear stand with Moto Liberty sticker on handle. Black Vanson road race gloves. Alpine Star GP Pro boots.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if anything, and i mean anything, makes you think that you know where these bikes are please call me. I just want to get them back. As many of you know, these bikes were completely sorted to our personal tastes and you guys know how long it takes to get that done. Plus, some of this stuff is not the kind of stuff you can just run out and buy easily.....

I'm hoping that at some point this year is going to start getting better.......

VINs plates:
red SS VIN: ZDM1LA3K2Y003047 Mass plate: PX7136
yellow SS VIN: ZDM1LA3K7YB003206 Mass plate: BX1905

Thanks for the support..... –Scott  978.745.9398
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Eric Kelcher

Boy that blows.

I assume this was in the MA area?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

RickyRacer

"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Johnny B

QuoteBoston I think.

Stolen in Salem, Mass.
Van was just recovered in Peabody, Mass., next town over. Empty, of course. Bikes and tools, etc. still missing.
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

funksouljon

That absolutely blows......time to get a pair of 748s right?

LonnieM

Always suks to hear that, I belong to many forums, and I heard a story of a guy that put a baby monitor in his garage next to his bike, well low and behold one night the monitor woke him up with someone trying to steal his bike, he got a Loiusville Slugger and smacked the guy in the head, called the cops, they didn't charge him with hitting the guy over the head! Sweet revenge, I just hate to hear storys of stuff getting stollen!