News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV650 Michelin tire pressures?

Started by gpz11, June 03, 2009, 08:27:05 AM

gpz11

OK, we tried a set of the new Michelin's and went with Tommy's recommended tire pressures of 30f / 24r. Well, after 2 practice sessions, the rear looked like we ran it though a shredder.

I am just curious what pressure folks are running in the new Michelins on a SV.

While I was showing Tommy the tire, somebody else came up and mentioned that they were running 21 psi in the rear.

Thanks!

klebs01

I was at 24 as recommended and mine almost looked like it was delaminating.  I'm interested in finding out what it takes to make those tires work too.
Nathan Kleba  AM #72

roadracer162

I am running 22 cold on a Ducati 748 and no issues such as yours. Pressures increase to 27 hot right off the track, but not at hot pit like I should. Once the tire has been used there is a definite visual difference between the two compounds but not the delamination you speak of.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

gpz11

One guy came up while Tommy and I were talking and he said he was at 21psi cold on his SV with a 160.

I'll try that neet weekend at Gingerman for the STT track day.

Otherwise it's back to Pirelli's for us.

HerbigCBR

I ran 24 cold and my rear looked as it was delaminating also. Chunks of rubber tearing off about 1/2" wide on the right side. I think most of my problem is with my rear shock having problems though.....
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

c147go

I had the same problem with front and rear tires on my SV. Large chunks of rubber falling off. I didn'thave this problem with last years michelins. I have a new rear tire from last year I'm going to put on and I'm curious to see if it does the same thing, I'm assuming not??? I ran 31 22 psi cold. My suspension felt fine for the most part.
Thanks to Precision Drive & Control and Monroe Powersports!

sahli833

with the new 160 michelins we started with 26 psi we are now on 24 psi that me and tommy  walt schafer is setting 22 for his guys down south the thing with the new 160 is that they made the a abd b too soft there in the process of building the new c which will be a harder compound that will still grip greatly and will last much longer then what they got now we are expecting the new c soon but it sounds like there will be a shortage of the for a little while

Burt Munro

Quote from: sahli833 on June 04, 2009, 05:21:45 PM
with the new 160 michelins we started with 26 psi we are now on 24 psi that me and tommy  walt schafer is setting 22 for his guys down south the thing with the new 160 is that they made the a abd b too soft there in the process of building the new c which will be a harder compound that will still grip greatly and will last much longer then what they got now we are expecting the new c soon but it sounds like there will be a shortage of the for a little while

Damn Justin,  did you buy one of them computers without a 'period' button on it?   I was out of breath just trying to read that!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

roadracer162

Now that you mention it. I have heard of troubles with the 160 Michelin. Sorry, I am on the 180 tire.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

sahli833

i dont belive in using periods takes too much time im slow enough at typing

MELK-MAN

hopefully the C 160 will be out soon.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice