Blue flags?

Started by GIGOLO, May 22, 2009, 03:20:32 PM

GIGOLO

Why is it that I havent seen blue flags at all, ever.  Is there a reason why we dont use them?  Just this year already, I have had two friends taken out because somebody didn't know what was going on.  Im sure it has been talked about before but I think its something that could be talked about further.  Thanx party people!!

EX_#76

The blue flags have not been used for several years now.  We were having problems with the blue flags causing the rider being over taken to change their line in an effort to make room for the faster rider / riders.  As you can imagine this made for more close calls than  if the faster rider just passed the other rider with no warning.

After a period of expressing concerned to the officials action was taken, and the blue flags became a thing of the passed.  I for one think it is safer without the blue flags.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

benprobst

Quote from: EX_#76 on May 22, 2009, 03:41:56 PM
The blue flags have not been used for several years now.  We were having problems with the blue flags causing the rider being over taken to change their line in an effort to make room for the faster rider / riders.  As you can imagine this made for more close calls than  if the faster rider just passed the other rider with no warning.

After a period of expressing concerned to the officials action was taken, and the blue flags became a thing of the passed.  I for one think it is safer without the blue flags.

+1 nothing scarier than closing on someone only to see them look back and recognize they are about to be passed. Thats when bad accidents happen, people do stupid stuff for some reason thinking it will help, what they dont realize is that fast guy knows where he is going to catch you and where he is going to pass you 5 corners before you ever see him or the flag.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Super Dave

Yeah, I agree with Ben and Guy.  They sucked. 
Super Dave