Engine Tuner / Builder in Central Florida??

Started by zracer196, May 22, 2009, 02:25:45 PM

zracer196

Anyone know a good one here in Central Florida?? Also needs to have a dyno.

Thanks!

Scotty Ryan

"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Fast Cletus

depending on what kind of bike, Millelli motors in ocala works on Ducs.  Hes a great tuner
CCS Racer #552
2001 Ducati Monster 600 & 2001 Ducati Supersport 900

roadracer162

European Performance Cycles works on Ducs and V-twin, even inline 4. Marc builds some very fast motors.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Super Dave

Quote from: Scotty Ryan on May 23, 2009, 03:16:44 AM
Full Spectrum Racing
Yeah, that's generally the way to go. 

Listen to the local guys that have given you some ideas too.
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Dick at Full Spectrum has worked with guys from Larry Pegram to Jeff Purk.. He has built bikes that have won AMA races - and has been contracted by not to be named factory teams to build their engines...

He has an odd way of doing things - But it you can deal with that you'll be ok.... The only work I have ever had him do was dynoing my FX bike for Daytona in 2008....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

d-wire

Yeah, Dick has a great way of working.  Like answering the phone....while "porting" a head and then asking his 15 yr old "mexican" (as he calls him, hodgie!) finish the job........

Dude probably had a clue 15 yrs ago, but he doesn't care anymore and has mailed it in.  Ask Jeff Purk how many times his R6 popped.  Sure, he'll do the labor for free.......but it's always a "part that broke". 

Guy cost me $10,000 dollars......and nothin to show for it.  But don't go by what I say, just ask around about him.  And yes, I'm still a little bitter, but I've moved on and no more engine trouble. Imagine that!

I don't like being negative, but I will post pics of his work if anyone is interested.  Pretty interesting stuff.

Quote of the year from Dick's "engine builder"........."what is piston to valve clearance?"
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

Speedkills

Quote from: d-wire on May 25, 2009, 09:08:25 PM
Yeah, Dick has a great way of working.  Like answering the phone....while "porting" a head and then asking his 15 yr old "mexican" (as he calls him, hodgie!) finish the job........

Dude probably had a clue 15 yrs ago, but he doesn't care anymore and has mailed it in.  Ask Jeff Purk how many times his R6 popped.  Sure, he'll do the labor for free.......but it's always a "part that broke". 

Guy cost me $10,000 dollars......and nothin to show for it.  But don't go by what I say, just ask around about him.  And yes, I'm still a little bitter, but I've moved on and no more engine trouble. Imagine that!

I don't like being negative, but I will post pics of his work if anyone is interested.  Pretty interesting stuff.

Quote of the year from Dick's "engine builder"........."what is piston to valve clearance?"

One more horror story to add to list I've heard.

Ryan125

Im with D-wire!!!!!!! I spent a whole lot of money and got a whole lot of problems!!!!! Better off sending out your motor. I would use Mark Rozema at Markbilt!!!! He knows his stuff!!!

d-wire

Mark Rozema built a motor that I later purchased used.  I had no idea how much racing was on it when I purchased it.  I ran the piss out of it for probably 10 events.  I  had nothing but problems with the other 20 attempts at an engine build with 5 or so different builders.  NEVER HAD ONE ISSUE WITH THE ROZEMA MOTOR. Based on that, I would say Rozema knows his stuff. 

Motor made great power and no issues. 

Here's the deal with engine builders, that I had to learn the hard way......to the tune of $40,000.
These engines are tuned very well from the factory, it takes a very smart person to be able to build a sportbike engine with more HP than stock and not have reliablity problems.  LOOK AT YOUR ENGINE BUILDER AND ASK YOURSELF HOW SMART HE IS? You could save a lot of money

There are good ones out there, but many more hacks
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2