News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

In Search of Missing CCS Transponders

Started by FUBAR606, March 31, 2003, 08:27:31 PM

FUBAR606

Hey CCS Folks,

I thought the cost of races was increased to cover the cost of transponders being used at all CCS events?

I just ran at Roebling but could not find the first sign of the tell-tale transponder anywhere to be found. We also did not use transponders at Daytona, except of course in the FUSA races.

So what gives? How long are we going to have to pay for something we are not going to get/use? I'm sure there is a reasonable explaination like they are on order, or there were not enough, etc., etc. The only problem is, is that regardless of the explaination of why the transponders are AWOL we, the racers, are still paying more for entry fees and are not seeing what in part what we paid for.  

Are there going to be refunds in our future, or at least credits towards future events?

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteAre there going to be refunds in our future, or at least credits towards future events?
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Hee hee hee hee ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho sngkspth!!!!!!!!  Oh my God!  Refunds!  I've got tears in my eyes!
Sorry bro, but you must be new...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

CCS

Steve,

As we stated all along, we are working on getting all regions up and running, as of right now we have one system, 130 transponders, and are working on more. We must have entries to earn the money to rent or purchase the systems, and try as we may, they aren't willing to "sponsor" us with them..

Barring a collapse of race turnouts, all regions will see electronic scoring by the end of July.

And Chris, for your info, we have already processed over $10,000 in refunds this season. (Just none for you....)

See you at VIR and Road America.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

FUBAR606

Kevin,

Thanks for clearing it up. I didn't realize it was a "pay up front" type of scenario. I had assumed we would be getting the transponders in conjunction with paying more for races from the start of the season. But I can understand the circumstances, although that is not to say I like them.

I appreciate your honesty!

By the way, there was a lot of grumbling and mistakes, admin wise, being made at RR twin sprint weekend due to poor communications and lack of understanding about how things would run. Fortunately, I had the scoop prior to the weekend so I had no surprises to grumble about.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteSteve,

And Chris, for your info, we have already processed over $10,000 in refunds this season. (Just none for you....)

Sorry Kevin.  It's just that I've been waiting for a refund on the Gateway Team Challenge since last September.  I've made several inquiries, but to no avail.  With the new season started, I figure at this point that we'll never see that money.
Chris
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

CCS

Well in that case Chris, send me an e-mail with the Team Name and method of payment so I can track it down.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

CCS243

QuoteBy the way, there was a lot of grumbling and mistakes, admin wise, being made at RR twin sprint weekend due to poor communications and lack of understanding about how things would run. Fortunately, I had the scoop prior to the weekend so I had no surprises to grumble about.

Steve,

Would you share with me, please?  I made a point of roaming the paddock area so I could hear first hand of any problems.  The only comment I received on the conduct of the races was a valid request to "tighten up" the lag between first and second waves.  That did change.

The weekend schedule was available to all riders at registration and with the exception of a 15 minute delay on Saturday, was followed to the letter.  Due to the foul weather on Sunday. I elected to shorten the races to 6 laps and combine the late day middle weight event.  I had hoped to get 4 races in prior to the mandatory quiet hour, but the incident in race 1 precluded that option.

We have always asked riders to bring there helmets, boots, leathers and gloves along with a race prepared motorcycle to tech.  The courtesy of allowing folks to return with leathers later delays the tech processing and smacks of favoritism.  I regret anyone being upset, but we have always suggested that wearing the gear is a good way to transport it to tech.

The ban on dogs was a bit of a surprise, but our hosts allowed those folks who had them with them to stay for the weekend.

I am open to your comments and suggestions at any time, but would really prefer to hear them at the track so corrections can be made, if reasonable and proper, promptly.

racer865

I thought everything went well at RRR considering the new format and rain on sunday.  We got out earlier than we ever have on sunday.