News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS SE Results From Roebling

Started by rpsez, March 31, 2003, 06:31:59 PM

rpsez

Who'd you approach at CCS re: helping out with the 'it-takes-two-weeks-at-a-minimum-to-get-results' issue?

Did you have a discussion on this board about it last year? (I did a search on this board, but couldn't find it...)
It may be time to bring this issue back up -- see if CCS is doing anything about it...
Hell... I'll donate the friggin' server space if that's the issue....  ;D

R

SliderPhoto

QuoteWho'd you approach at CCS re: helping out with the 'it-takes-two-weeks-at-a-minimum-to-get-results' issue?

I've offered as well. I did it last year for MW, GP, GL regions and told Kevin I would do it for all regions. I'm still waiting for him to call back. He said he'd call back in a hour or so, I think that was December. LOL ;D ::) Ah funny stuff....

Someone should do it, preferably CCS. Unfortunately the only real way of doing it is to formulate a process with CCS to get the original files so that the data is complete and accurate. But what do you do when you can't get a set of results from CCS?

My program processes the data files they produce and keys off names, so you can see the inherent problem. They frequently misspell names in the results so the process means some manual reconciliation and time. Still, my points were accurate, perhaps even more so than theirs.

I don't plan to post results this year but  if someone wants to work the problem I'll offer advice.

r6_philly

I talked to someone else who is no longer there, and then Kevin as well. It went as far as sending an proposal to CCS and having them telling me "our legal department don't think it is the right time to do this".

My app would have inputed based on name/number to cut down on mistakes. Each person in the database would also get a space of his/her own that can be customized to be his/her own home page with ability to upload pics, add text, etc... and all the results of one racer can be viewed from his/her page, plus points of course.

I have since then built the new website and online registration system for Team Pro-Motion, pretty much work the same way, working of user ID's in a database... pretty straight forward DB stuff. I actually spent time, developed the DB bodel, plus a plain but working front end. And I didn't want any money, I wanted to build a robust site and sell advertising.

Anyway, I still have all of it, and I could still have the system up and running. If CCS can commit to give me the race results right after the races. I thought a racer bio site with accurate results could be very nice.

bfkidd

Why don't you guys just make one that takes their html results file and parses that into a database? It wouldn't take very long. All you would need to enter is the url of each file when they post it.

I'd do it but I don't have the time and no incentive. It shouldn't take more than a weekend to write.

r6_philly

QuoteWhy don't you guys just make one that takes their html results file and parses that into a database? It wouldn't take very long. All you would need to enter is the url of each file when they post it.

I'd do it but I don't have the time and no incentive. It shouldn't take more than a weekend to write.

that is not the problem, it is that ccs doesnt post the results timely and accurately. If we can't get results directly from ccs, then our system would be just as slow and inaccurate as ccs website. Which wouldn't be much an improvement anyway.

StuartV666

QuoteIf it's dry @ VIR it'll hopefully be a good weekend!

Stu, you coming up?

Peanut

Hey Peanut,

Yeah, I'll be there. Barring f-ing my self or my bike up this weekend at Barber's. Track day on Saturday. Ooo!

Cya! :-)

- Stu

racer865

Who is the track day thru? Is it full?

xlr8tn

Well...good weekend considering everything that happened.  With Jeep troubles and stranded with 3 kids and my wife, I managed to get a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th.  I was going for the trifecta, but crashed in the Sunday morning race while in 3rd in turn 8.  Dafan and Harley must have had a VIEW.  I couldn't have been 3 inches off my normal wet line.  Wammo, lost the front end.  I managed to fix the right side and make my last race, but by that time the track was drying and my rains were SLIPPERY to say the least.  I wasn't about to crash again.  Anyway's ... it was fun running with you guys on a new track (to me).  Hopefully to see you all at VIR.

-brent
CCS#565

P.S.  Thanks to Jeff and Greg for volunteering to be my pit crew and helping me make repairs and my last race.  I couldn't have done it without you.  Thanks again.   8)

FUBAR606

QuoteHey Peanut,

Yeah, I'll be there. Barring f-ing my self or my bike up this weekend at Barber's. Track day on Saturday. Ooo!
- Stu

Damn Stu!! :o You're pretty serious about a regional championship this year, huh?!?! ;D

...getting in extra track time and all ;)

r6_philly

QuoteWell...good weekend considering everything that happened.  With Jeep troubles and stranded with 3 kids and my wife, I managed to get a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th.  I was going for the trifecta, but crashed in the Sunday morning race while in 3rd in turn 8.  Dafan and Harley must have had a VIEW.  I couldn't have been 3 inches off my normal wet line.  Wammo, lost the front end.  
QuoteI think I saw it, I saw quite a few crashes this weekend, and can't believe I end up crashing too.

Now that I am healed up a little, I realize it was a pretty good weekend for me too. After running 9th learning the track, I end up with 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd. Was going for 1st when I crashed... I wish they had GT races so I could have more track time. My cluth started slipping Sat afternoon too and I couldn't get a drive onto the front straight. I guess I will try to make it up at VIR...

I think we all are serious about a regional championship  ;D we will see how it turn out

funksouljon

QuoteWho is the track day thru? Is it full?

Track day is through Floribama Riders. They had an opening for a street rider in the afternoon (on Sat) so it is prolly too late to make the reservation.

StuartV666

QuoteTrack day is through Floribama Riders. They had an opening for a street rider in the afternoon (on Sat) so it is prolly too late to make the reservation.

Yep. Sorry. It was full. The waiting list was even full. Between riders and guests, we had something like 300 people there. The day was short due to construction at the track, and it was raining in the morning, so the first session or two was wet, but the 3 afternoon sessions were fully dry. And that track is AWESOME!! LOVED IT!!!!

- Stu