News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS SE Results From Roebling

Started by rpsez, March 31, 2003, 06:31:59 PM

rpsez

Hey...
   CCS seems to have a bit of a ummmm... lag ( ::)) in posting results, so I've taken pictures of the results of the CCS SouthEast RRR round this past weekend. They can be accessed here:http://www.rollingchicane.com/pictures/rrr1/index.htm. I took the pictures at the end of the day on Sunday, and some of the results sheets had magically 'disappeared' so it isn't a complete listing...
    I also have the Daytona round posted. They can be seen here: http://www.rollingchicane.com/pictures/daytona/.
     Please keep in mind that the pictures are HUGE on purpose -- better to see the entire picture than have me make a crappy .jpg out of them and possibly lose some of the text.

Thanks!!
Rick

FUBAR606

Yo Rick!

How bad did you burn up your rains in that last race?

rpsez

QuoteYo Rick!

How bad did you burn up your rains in that last race?

I'll have to post a pic of them... they were FRIED. And I do mean FRIED. (Ever cut a piece of plastic with a Dremel tool? Know how it melts? Like that.)

I always wondered what running around a totally dry track for 6 laps would do to a set of full rains -- now I know. It certainly was an experience -- I was on the steering lock coming out of T9 a couple of times!  :o

The dude that beat me (#141 Alexander Barrera according to the results sheet) was running rains too -- he had some pretty good slides going on!!  ;D

Fun race though -- three experts and one amateur!!  ;D

R

FUBAR606

That is too funny. Too bad we didn't have time to put DOTs on. You might have gotten Alex.

Now I will safely say your rains are worse than mine without even seeing them. We can compare burnt rubber at VIR  :D :D :D

...anybody want to buy a slightly used set of rain tires? Only six laps on them! ;)

rpsez

QuoteThat is too funny. Too bad we didn't have time to put DOTs on. You might have gotten Alex.

Now I will safely say your rains are worse than mine without even seeing them. We can compare burnt rubber at VIR  :D :D :D

...anybody want to buy a slightly used set of rain tires? Only six laps on them! ;)

When we passed each other on the cool down lap, he shrugged at me, shaking his head -- as if to say, "I'm glad we made it though that one"  ;D ;D

I figured that I could've done at least .24's with a full rain front and a DOT rear!!  As is, I think we were doing .31's...  ;D ;D

R

FUBAR606

I know how bad it was when we were out there. At least at that point we were all on "fresh" rain tires. When you went out it must have been twice as bad (read-REAL dry track and burnt tires to begin with).

I haven't looked at my lap timer yet, but I think I may have turned a few 27s. That of course being prior to me sliding all over the place. I burnt the ride side (I assume T9) all the way to the edge. Not a pretty sight! :o

r6_philly

It was drying out earlier and I wish I have changed to DOT's... Forgetting I am on rains (doh) and seeing dry lines, I lost the front in the sportbike race going for the lead (another race with only 2 EX and 3 AM)... The one wave start was fun, I think we were tring to keep up and try to challenge the Ex's. Anyway, I went for it too early and didn't even finish one lap, and lost a piece of my finger in the process hmmmmm, and probably totalled my bike

It was fun overall though. got there late sat. morning and first time seeing the track (EVER) was my warm up lap... finally got the track later that day and start to catch up to the leaders. And just when I think I had it to take it from him, I crashed... live and learn I guess.

hope everyone else that crashed on Sun was ok too. I moaned and bitched all the way home. and it sucks to try to type with 4 fingers - I have to do it for a living  ::)

rpsez

The good thing that came out of frying those tires -- I figured out that I have a tendancy to pick the bike up before really hammering the throttle (or at least that's what the tires tell me -- they're melted in a definite band approx. 1 inch from the right edge).

Yeah... 9 was fun.  :o Looking back, I don't ever wanna do that again!!  ;D

You'se guys were on 'fresh' rains ? That sucks.

R

FUBAR606

I'm glad you were ok. I am pretty sure I saw your crash..turn 1 right?

FUBAR606

Rick,

The key word there is "were" fresh rains. :D

r6_philly

QuoteI'm glad you were ok. I am pretty sure I saw your crash..turn 1 right?

No it was turn 4. it was the sportbike race. I went around on the outside trying to pass ans lost the front. I thought I had lost my entire pinky  :o but turn out to be only half of the tip... now I gotta figure out a bike before VIR  :-/

FUBAR606

T4 took a lot of folks on Sunday including my team mate during our last race.

Speed_Shifter

Great idea, taking pics of the results and posting them!  Keep up the great work!

MightyDuc Racing

That Barrera guy is from down this way.  He is FAST.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

rpsez

QuoteThat Barrera guy is from down this way.  He is FAST.

Not on rains on a dry track he's not!!  ;D  Neither of us was!!  ::)

It really was sad. (My father would call that race a 'character-builder'  ;D)

R

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

bfkidd

I kept looking behind me, and I couldn't see anyone. I thought maybe it's just my shield fogging up. ;D

One more lap and I would have caught up to you guys. I didn't want to have to go off line though. I never thought a win would be that easy. I gambled all day waiting for that race and it paid off.

Hey Rick, how many podiums did you get? That's why you took the pictures of the results right? You had to have proof. :P

Chuck

StuartV666

QuoteNo it was turn 4. it was the sportbike race. I went around on the outside trying to pass ans lost the front. I thought I had lost my entire pinky  :o but turn out to be only half of the tip... now I gotta figure out a bike before VIR  :-/

Ouch! It's good to hear you're okay. That sucks about your finger, though.

You're talking about Turn 3, though, aren't you? I was right behind you when you moved to the outside to try and pass Hector. When you lost the front, it was all I could do not to totally focus on watching you and I almost followed you right off the track. Doh!

- Stu

r6_philly

QuoteOuch! It's good to hear you're okay. That sucks about your finger, though.

You're talking about Turn 3, though, aren't you? I was right behind you when you moved to the outside to try and pass Hector. When you lost the front, it was all I could do not to totally focus on watching you and I almost followed you right off the track. Doh!

- Stu

Was that 3? Heck I never even seen a track map, or know how many turns the track had til Sat...  ;D

Earlier in race, I got past the bunch, and caught up to hector, I know I could ride a little faster than him now that I know the track. I just got too anxious, we been in like 12 races this year and I always finish right behind him. Couldn't get him at Daytona, and if the race 3 was 8 laps in stead of 6 I would have had a chance.

I should have waited longer, but live and learn. 14 hour drive back with a busted hand is no fun, I actually let my girl drive half of the way  :) the wound turned out to be smaller after it is cleaned up, so I think I would be ok for VIR. But my bike is missing the left side, so I have to see about that.

I am glad you didn't follow me off, I almost followed you off earlier, cuz I was right behind you too.

I guess I will see you at VIR. I wanna win a race!!!  ;D I think I can take Hector there.

Peanut

QuoteWas that 3? Heck I never even seen a track map, or know how many turns the track had til Sat...  ;D

Earlier in race, I got past the bunch, and caught up to hector, I know I could ride a little faster than him now that I know the track. I just got too anxious, we been in like 12 races this year and I always finish right behind him. Couldn't get him at Daytona, and if the race 3 was 8 laps in stead of 6 I would have had a chance.

I should have waited longer, but live and learn. 14 hour drive back with a busted hand is no fun, I actually let my girl drive half of the way  :) the wound turned out to be smaller after it is cleaned up, so I think I would be ok for VIR. But my bike is missing the left side, so I have to see about that.

I am glad you didn't follow me off, I almost followed you off earlier, cuz I was right behind you too.

I guess I will see you at VIR. I wanna win a race!!!  ;D I think I can take Hector there.

VIR will be a battle for sure.  your not the only one trying to win!   ;D Hopefully for me it'll be dry, as you guys can see, I suck in the wet!  LOL

Sorry to hear about your finger.  Sat. was a better day, I got down to some pretty good times in the 1st races before running off battling w/Hec & the guy on the Kawi for the lead.  Finally got my confidence back on the last lap riding infront of Stu in the last race.

If it's dry @ VIR it'll hopefully be a good weekend!

Stu, you coming up?

Peanut

funksouljon

QuoteI kept looking behind me, and I couldn't see anyone. I thought maybe it's just my shield fogging up. ;D

I was BSing with the officals while using the pit board for Rick, and we kept wondering why you were running like a raped ape. You checked out pretty fast and kept going and going..... We thought you were gonna crash you self and give up a win. Nice check out though.

r6_philly

QuoteVIR will be a battle for sure.  your not the only one trying to win!   ;D Hopefully for me it'll be dry, as you guys can see, I suck in the wet!  LOL

Sorry to hear about your finger.  Sat. was a better day, I got down to some pretty good times in the 1st races before running off battling w/Hec & the guy on the Kawi for the lead.  Finally got my confidence back on the last lap riding infront of Stu in the last race.

If it's dry @ VIR it'll hopefully be a good weekend!

Stu, you coming up?

Peanut

I could have had a better weekend man. I got left for dead in the first race, then my clutch was slipping, then it rained. I learned the track pretty fast though. I thought I finished last that first race :) then by then end of the day I got a 3rd, finally got up to speed.

I love racing in the rain. and I was riding faster than everyone on Sun morning, so I got over confident.

I am looking forward to VIR. Ordering the parts this week, it will cost almost 1k without the bodywork  :o I should just go get a new bike. I don't think a chance for overall championship is there unless we race 14 races a weekend too  ;) I may just request to go EX mid season... Unless I get a better bike I am not gonna make it down to ROC anyway.

I will see you at VIR, even if I race my street bike. I am gonna try to get my first win, so watch out  :P hopefully we get to dice like we did last year, that was a good race. And may we both beat hector... no offense, but I have seen the backend of his bike at the start/finish one time too many

rpsez

QuoteGreat idea, taking pics of the results and posting them!  Keep up the great work!

You're welcome!!  You'd think that with all the nerds and geeks that hang out on the 'net AND race, CCS could ask for a little help setting up something a little for automated (for points and the like) and a little more timely...

Hell, I'm a proud geek and would do it in my 'off time' if asked...

R

r6_philly

QuoteYou're welcome!!  You'd think that with all the nerds and geeks that hang out on the 'net AND race, CCS could ask for a little help setting up something a little for automated (for points and the like) and a little more timely...

Hell, I'm a proud geek and would do it in my 'off time' if asked...

R

I offered for last season, but it didn't work out. Maybe I will try it again this year. I even built pretty much the whole back end to it, and still have it. If I can get the results, I can put them in and have it displayed on a site.

rpsez

Who'd you approach at CCS re: helping out with the 'it-takes-two-weeks-at-a-minimum-to-get-results' issue?

Did you have a discussion on this board about it last year? (I did a search on this board, but couldn't find it...)
It may be time to bring this issue back up -- see if CCS is doing anything about it...
Hell... I'll donate the friggin' server space if that's the issue....  ;D

R

SliderPhoto

QuoteWho'd you approach at CCS re: helping out with the 'it-takes-two-weeks-at-a-minimum-to-get-results' issue?

I've offered as well. I did it last year for MW, GP, GL regions and told Kevin I would do it for all regions. I'm still waiting for him to call back. He said he'd call back in a hour or so, I think that was December. LOL ;D ::) Ah funny stuff....

Someone should do it, preferably CCS. Unfortunately the only real way of doing it is to formulate a process with CCS to get the original files so that the data is complete and accurate. But what do you do when you can't get a set of results from CCS?

My program processes the data files they produce and keys off names, so you can see the inherent problem. They frequently misspell names in the results so the process means some manual reconciliation and time. Still, my points were accurate, perhaps even more so than theirs.

I don't plan to post results this year but  if someone wants to work the problem I'll offer advice.

r6_philly

I talked to someone else who is no longer there, and then Kevin as well. It went as far as sending an proposal to CCS and having them telling me "our legal department don't think it is the right time to do this".

My app would have inputed based on name/number to cut down on mistakes. Each person in the database would also get a space of his/her own that can be customized to be his/her own home page with ability to upload pics, add text, etc... and all the results of one racer can be viewed from his/her page, plus points of course.

I have since then built the new website and online registration system for Team Pro-Motion, pretty much work the same way, working of user ID's in a database... pretty straight forward DB stuff. I actually spent time, developed the DB bodel, plus a plain but working front end. And I didn't want any money, I wanted to build a robust site and sell advertising.

Anyway, I still have all of it, and I could still have the system up and running. If CCS can commit to give me the race results right after the races. I thought a racer bio site with accurate results could be very nice.

bfkidd

Why don't you guys just make one that takes their html results file and parses that into a database? It wouldn't take very long. All you would need to enter is the url of each file when they post it.

I'd do it but I don't have the time and no incentive. It shouldn't take more than a weekend to write.

r6_philly

QuoteWhy don't you guys just make one that takes their html results file and parses that into a database? It wouldn't take very long. All you would need to enter is the url of each file when they post it.

I'd do it but I don't have the time and no incentive. It shouldn't take more than a weekend to write.

that is not the problem, it is that ccs doesnt post the results timely and accurately. If we can't get results directly from ccs, then our system would be just as slow and inaccurate as ccs website. Which wouldn't be much an improvement anyway.

StuartV666

QuoteIf it's dry @ VIR it'll hopefully be a good weekend!

Stu, you coming up?

Peanut

Hey Peanut,

Yeah, I'll be there. Barring f-ing my self or my bike up this weekend at Barber's. Track day on Saturday. Ooo!

Cya! :-)

- Stu

racer865

Who is the track day thru? Is it full?

xlr8tn

Well...good weekend considering everything that happened.  With Jeep troubles and stranded with 3 kids and my wife, I managed to get a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th.  I was going for the trifecta, but crashed in the Sunday morning race while in 3rd in turn 8.  Dafan and Harley must have had a VIEW.  I couldn't have been 3 inches off my normal wet line.  Wammo, lost the front end.  I managed to fix the right side and make my last race, but by that time the track was drying and my rains were SLIPPERY to say the least.  I wasn't about to crash again.  Anyway's ... it was fun running with you guys on a new track (to me).  Hopefully to see you all at VIR.

-brent
CCS#565

P.S.  Thanks to Jeff and Greg for volunteering to be my pit crew and helping me make repairs and my last race.  I couldn't have done it without you.  Thanks again.   8)

FUBAR606

QuoteHey Peanut,

Yeah, I'll be there. Barring f-ing my self or my bike up this weekend at Barber's. Track day on Saturday. Ooo!
- Stu

Damn Stu!! :o You're pretty serious about a regional championship this year, huh?!?! ;D

...getting in extra track time and all ;)

r6_philly

QuoteWell...good weekend considering everything that happened.  With Jeep troubles and stranded with 3 kids and my wife, I managed to get a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th.  I was going for the trifecta, but crashed in the Sunday morning race while in 3rd in turn 8.  Dafan and Harley must have had a VIEW.  I couldn't have been 3 inches off my normal wet line.  Wammo, lost the front end.  
QuoteI think I saw it, I saw quite a few crashes this weekend, and can't believe I end up crashing too.

Now that I am healed up a little, I realize it was a pretty good weekend for me too. After running 9th learning the track, I end up with 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd. Was going for 1st when I crashed... I wish they had GT races so I could have more track time. My cluth started slipping Sat afternoon too and I couldn't get a drive onto the front straight. I guess I will try to make it up at VIR...

I think we all are serious about a regional championship  ;D we will see how it turn out

funksouljon

QuoteWho is the track day thru? Is it full?

Track day is through Floribama Riders. They had an opening for a street rider in the afternoon (on Sat) so it is prolly too late to make the reservation.

StuartV666

QuoteTrack day is through Floribama Riders. They had an opening for a street rider in the afternoon (on Sat) so it is prolly too late to make the reservation.

Yep. Sorry. It was full. The waiting list was even full. Between riders and guests, we had something like 300 people there. The day was short due to construction at the track, and it was raining in the morning, so the first session or two was wet, but the 3 afternoon sessions were fully dry. And that track is AWESOME!! LOVED IT!!!!

- Stu