News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Travel Partner for VIR, April 10-13

Started by FUBAR606, March 31, 2003, 06:12:25 PM

FUBAR606

I will be going to VIR and will have room for anyone needing/wanting a ride. My wife and infant son will not be able to make the trip so I will be travelling solo from Florida Thursday afternoon. If there is anyone interested, contact me. Of course, travel (fuel) expenses will be split even, along with the driving duties.

I have a 6x10 enclosed trailer and will be pulling it with my 2003 Ford Expedition, so there is plenty of room for creature comforts and a second bike. I will be camping at VIR with friends, so you will be on your own for accomodations. But I will be happy to share my pit space, which is a 10x20 canopy with outdoor carpeting as flooring.

I will be leaving Florida around 4pm Thursday, but that can be flexible. And will depart after Sunday's races.

I will be going regardless of having a travel partner, but it would be nice to have the company. If your in need, let me know and we can work out the details. In addition, I'll probably be in the same boat for all of the VIR races this year, so maybe something can be worked out for the rest of the season.

oldguy

Fubar, I'm coming down to VIR for the Cornerspeed school on the 11th & may stay the 12th. Do you need any pit help if the wife isn't coming?
I'll be coming from PA --- no help with the driving; sorry!

FUBAR606

Mr. Oldguy,

If you are going to be there and have time to kill, help in the pits would be most appreciated and of course I offer the same in return. I will be running practice all day Friday, and 3 races during the weekend (MWSS, MWSB, and MWGP).

You can't miss my red trailer with the "Point Blank Racing" logo on the side.

oldguy

Cool -- I'll find you. I won't be racing; just trying to get a license.

FUBAR606

Doug,

I'll help YOU however I can. I've raced VIR a few times so I know the track fairly well. But I'm sure when you are not on the track, you will be in the classroom so I doubt we will have much time to talk about it between your sessions.

HOWEVER, you may decide to race that weekend after getting that nifty little certificate in your hand  :D

rpsez

Didn't get a chance to talk with you before leaving RRR, but I heard (via Pat or Stu or Drew or Levy or someone) that you were headed to VIR solo. I'm sorta in the same boat -- headed up that-a-way alone.

I need to check on some 'arrangements'  (family coming down to watch me race / their lodgings (aka 'can I bunk in your room') / etc.) but if everything falls into place I'd be more than happy to split things 50/50. I should know more tomorrow...

Where are you located?? Somewheres near OTown, right? Or was it St. Aug? (Once again, I got all of this info 3rd hand.)

R

FUBAR606

Rick,

I'm in St. Augustine. I just sent you a private message to see if you were there. Let's discuss.

GAMEDIC

After Robling i'm gonna take somone with me from now on  ;D that drive back was a pain

FUBAR606

I would think it would be with a busted hand. "Pain" would be an under statement.

In a strange way I hope knowing I have to drive back 9 hours by myself (if it turns out that way) doesn't make me hold back on the track in order to avoid pushing the limits.

GAMEDIC, I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to meet you at RRR. Unfortunately, I did not spend much time on the board prior to that weekend to know who all was going to be there.

rpsez

QuoteAfter Robling i'm gonna take somone with me from now on  ;D that drive back was a pain

Was it you that crashed in T2 during race one on Saturday? (Like, lap 2?)

R

FUBAR606

Rick,

What did you do? Take a power nap of 20 minutes?  ;D

GAMEDIC

Yes it was me..and it was lap 3 or 4..and i was leading  :( and had 2 experts between me and 2nd place...but that's the way it goes...oh and FUBAR606 you were right across from me i was pitted beside M&M Lighting in T3