News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Palm Beach Track day and race May 1-3

Started by skipper08, May 04, 2009, 11:49:16 PM

skipper08

well

so i started on friday doing some testing, used a set of slicks (and let me tell you that those dunlops can go for a long time)
was on a good pace friday constants low 20's with some minor traffic.
saw sean having major problems with the bike and it was not cool, talked to him couple times and he was bummed  <----- like that 

saturday was pretty interesting, couple faces that have not seen in a while, including martines. seriously at that point i thought that i was done for the weekend. Lars, Sean, Martines, Lampe, and there it goes again another couple 5th places for me 
Lampe was on the gas!!!! first time there and on practice was hitting 19's 
sean after fixing his stupid ridiculous monster, didnt let lampe to much to breath on and got on the 19's too 
Lars having major issues with tires was at my same pace low 20's
i know right there and then that this weekend was going to be HELL!!!! but extremelly fun 

i sat down the last 2 session and went to qualifing on a front DOT with 120+ laps and a rear slick with 70 laps at least.
qualified 3 with a 1:19.5 and i was still 1 second of sean's pace but i didnt realize that my rear was no good anymore (lets just say that i didnt want to be the top guy bc i was setting up for the first corner  ) i was impressed with myself after looking at my rear tire and seen my time, Sean was like "Dude you are an animal"

GTO: brand new set of slick holy shit!! what a difference in grip. got the whole shot from the second row, sean got in front on the straight away and on lap 2 i did what is the most sick move i've made on my expert year, i went around sean on turn 5 and passed him (and no he was not parked or nothing) i was  but i keeped up my pace and he got around me again in the straight after that, i tryed to put some pressure on him by letting him know that i was there ALL the time and got him to look back every time in the straight away, at that point i was pleased bc i knew that he know i mean business 
on the last lap i was setting up a pass on turn 5 again, and when i made the move coming out i saved what it could have been the end of a season for me, saved a double bucked high side, i hit my head on the windscreen and everything ( manage to pull an amazing save and i was heading straight to the wall which i went by 18" away from it) went off-roading and when i take a peek at the track, no one has passed me!! i could not believe it. (u cant make a mistake in the expert field bc 5 bikes go by you) when i see that i get on the gas but my dumb ass didnt remember that i was not on the asphalt so i was sliding everywhere, moved over quick got on the track and got on the gas really quick half way down the straight i look back to see if anyone is there and there was no one, i felt like i was alone for a sec. so i manage a 2nd place turning the quickest lap of the day and of the weekend 1:18.02 on the 8th lap.
Sean rode hard and well not making any mistakes or any that i could not see at least, im still learning how to spot things but im trying to do so quick.

Unl SS: its a very confusing race. i was second chasing sean and in lap 4 his bike starts to fail (as what he tells me) he lets us go by, so i start to lead. MAD MAN!!! lampe trys to put a move on me on turn one on the brake (that he kind off pulls off) but put him on his head on turn 2. i went deep!!!!! on the brake on turn 1 and he decides to come from the back and pass me there by parking it and turning on turn 2 he got on the gas with to much lean angle and as he was going wide so he spun out and low sided, after that sean's bike got better so he got on it again and almost got me on the break on the straight away. now comes the confusing part. i had thought that i have seen a checkers flag and i let off but it seems that it was a white flag, some how sean did not let me get off the track on that lap and gave me the win. (we already discussed this so he knows what to do next time, right broda  )

Unl SB: same situation sean on the gas i tryed to catch and trying to get away from the two mad man of lars and lampe.

Unl GP: well what a race, i get the whole shot and on the straight away it was a 4 way battle, some how i went from 1st to 3rd. (i have to say Holy shit lars rode the wheels of that damn bike) i was keeping him in sight learning more and more about him, and then lampe come and gets me on the straight away, so now im in 4th, i relax a bit and get back in my mood and start to think (wtf is going on) all this battle is letting sean get away and i could not allow that. so i place a move on lampe on the straight and passed him on the brakes and then on turn 5 i repeaded the move that i did on sean but on lars this time, we were like 2" from each other at a full lean angle (i was on the out side and it felt like motogp shit  ) when he came close and i had to stand up a bit to not hit each other, i believe he knew i was there and when he started to roll on the gas so did i but my rear was stepping out, but i manage to stay next to him and make the pass by the brakes of turn 7 but suddently on from the corner of my eye i see something green trying to stuff it in, (i have to say that i think it was very risky the move lampe did, thanks god no one went down) i was half way on my lean angle into the turn when he is on the brakes stood up trying to get in front. I ran a bit wide so he would not take me out of the game and him and lars had a battle, once i clear them i put my head down and went after sean, i know he was taking it easy so my chance was that moms tells him that we are far away for me to pull a very fast lap and get on his back, and i did but he was still far away.
got a 2nd place so i was happy with that.

i definetly tried to ride the wheels of my R1 and like always she behaved to well.

so not a shavy weekend for me got 3 2nd places, 1 1st place and the fastest lap of the weekend

here is the video of the Unl GP race from bike Ex # 86 Lars.

Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

GregGorman

Good job out there Gus.  I'll post the video of your GTO high-side action later today.

skipper08

yeah yeah yeah tons of ppl are asking me for it and send it to my email if you can too.

s4orce2001@hotmail.com
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300