News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway

Started by racerhall, May 04, 2009, 03:47:38 PM

wolf44

Ok, let me chime in here a bit.  Yes I know for the purist racer having a 1 day event with a trackday before really doesn't fit exactly what they want.  We as a club took quite a big gamble deciding to host races this year and run them with the help of ccs.  We looked at multiple scenarios, ran lots of numbers, and as a club we decided that to make our run with ccs work for the first year, we couldn't do two day race weekends.  We have too many racers who have heard from a friend's, friend's, friend that Gateway is dangerous, its a crappy track, blah blah blah blah.  Myself personally, I love running at gateway.  Its a fun technical track that really makes you work.  Is it my favorite, no, but its not a bad track.  All together there are just too many variables and too much risk to put the sustainability of the club at risk to try to run a two day race weekend...for now.  If you want a two day weekend at Gateway, show us that we can build a base of riders that will show up on a consistant basis to race.  I challenge you guys to come out and run with us at both of our events this year and show us that you will come for a two day weekend.
Dan Jasa
2009 MCRA President

R1 owner replied during me typing my reply.  Yes we are running our challenge series, different format from last year but yes we are running it.  We are committed to build a base of local racers with our challege series pushing them to sign up for CCS Races and run the entire GP region series.(and lets not start another thread with..."when I started racing I took the shcool and signed up for my first race")
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

r1owner

Quote from: wolf44 on May 05, 2009, 11:42:03 AMR1 owner replied during me typing my reply.  Yes we are running our challenge series, different format from last year but yes we are running it.  We are committed to build a base of local racers with our challege series pushing them to sign up for CCS Races and run the entire GP region series.(and lets not start another thread with..."when I started racing I took the shcool and signed up for my first race")

Not sure if you're saying I was thinking that.  I was just offering up a suggestion on how to maybe alleviate the schedule.

backMARKr

Quote from: wolf44 on May 05, 2009, 11:42:03 AM
Ok, let me chime in here a bit...
...and lets not start another thread with..."when I started racing I took the shcool and signed up for my first race")
Dan Jasa
2009 MCRA President

jeez....are you a dick to everybody? :biggrin:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

wolf44

Quote from: r1owner on May 05, 2009, 11:47:53 AM
Not sure if you're saying I was thinking that.  I was just offering up a suggestion on how to maybe alleviate the schedule.
sorry, guess that came off wrong.  I didn't mean YOU were saying that but I could see how this could turn into another NESBAish thread with our club trying to promote grass roots racing in St. Louis
And no Mark.....just to you and Noid :)
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors

wolf44

Quote from: racerhall on May 04, 2009, 03:47:38 PM
its bad enough that this race is the same time as the ama race at road america and that its a crappy track but now i look at the gateway schedule and its all on sunday, what the hell is this crap
Oh, and I didn't really like how the schedule turned out but those were the only dates made available to us.  Between Gateway's schedule, ccs's schedule, ama's schedule etc etc this was actually the best possible solution.
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors

r1owner

I might actually be able to make a top 10 if all the experts that were going to do this race are at the AMA at R.A! ;)

tstruyk

dont you have to actually "race" to finish in the top 10???  :wtf:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

Quote from: tstruyk on May 05, 2009, 02:45:19 PM
dont you have to actually "race" to finish in the top 10???  :wtf:

I still have my bike!  If you pull it over there, I'll race it.

skiandclimb

I'm looking forward to GIR. I love the short course stuff, and Gateway is a good technical track. Dan's right on the $$$, BTW. MCRA has done a ton to increase safety on the track, and has worked hard at keeping road racing in the St. Louis area.

I'll see you all there!
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

TommyG

Good to hear about the airfence.  I wasn't aware anything had been done.  Still haven't entered though.  I just have not been able to get myself to do it.

Noidly1

Quote from: TommyG on May 05, 2009, 07:19:54 PM
Good to hear about the airfence.  I wasn't aware anything had been done.  Still haven't entered though.  I just have not been able to get myself to do it.
Chicken...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

tstruyk

Quote from: r1owner on May 05, 2009, 02:47:17 PM
I still have my bike!  If you pull it over there, I'll race it.

Pull it over with what???
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"