James Brown, I have your trophy

Started by R1Racer99, April 27, 2009, 02:18:24 PM

R1Racer99

I couldn't figure out why they said I won the race when I was pretty sure I finished third, but I have your trophy if you'll be at Blackhawk. I thought maybe the karma gods were watching when you passed me under yellow for the win in the first race but I guess not, the cornerworkers obviously weren't either :wah:.

Nick McCoy
Am86

gonecrazy

Nick is this from HPT weekend? Jimmy doesnt visit the board but me and him race/travel/work together. I remmeber him saying soming about someone checking up on a waving yellow and he slid by them. Its a standing yellow you do not pass on till after you pass the problem though.

gonecrazy

talk to Jimmy tonight and he was wondering how he got a 3rd place trophy. pm me your number and i will forward it to him

danch

Quote from: gonecrazy on April 27, 2009, 09:54:54 PMIts a standing yellow you do not pass on till after you pass the problem though.

You sure about that? Section 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 of the rule book in front of me say different.
MW Am #720

tstruyk

Quote from: gonecrazy on April 27, 2009, 09:54:54 PM
Nick is this from HPT weekend? Jimmy doesnt visit the board but me and him race/travel/work together. I remmeber him saying soming about someone checking up on a waving yellow and he slid by them. Its a standing yellow you do not pass on till after you pass the problem though.

JImmy's a big fat cheater  :kicknuts:

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Burt Munro

Quote from: gonecrazy on April 27, 2009, 09:54:54 PM
Sounds like someone needs a refresher on flag interpretation!   :spank:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

I would imagine at somepoint in the riders meeting a certain someone may have mentioned... "DO WE NEED TO GO OVER THE FLAAAAGS?"

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on April 27, 2009, 11:43:26 PM
I would imagine at somepoint in the riders meeting a certain someone may have mentioned... "DO WE NEED TO GO OVER THE FLAAAAGS?"

Timmay,

I was at the riders meetings both days and since it was the 1st race of the year for most the flags were discussed in detail......  not your typical mid/late season brush over. 

Maybe we need to come up with a braile version for some people!  :kicknuts:

You missed a good one Saturday......  you could have added Tornado sirens stopping racing to your list of HPT experiences. 

Once again I kept getting the hail flag confused with the Tornado flag ......  is it the debris flag folded to look like a little boat or the black flag with the silhouette of Dorothy and Toto flying through the air?

tstruyk

seein how nice it was in STL i was jealous... after hearin the reports... wow.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

R1Racer99

Passing under waving yellow is fine as long as no one sees it :biggrin:. I had led the race since lap 2 or so and lost it on the final turn under a waving yellow so it really bugged me that none of the cornerworkers saw it, the only thing that really messed things up is that we hit a lapper on the second to last turn and I didn't want to get penalized for passing him. I talked to the race director after the race and he said if no one saw it then I was out of luck. It sucks to bust your ass for your first win and then lose it that way. Oh well, maybe I can get that first one at BHF.

Gonecrazy, will you or anyone that could get it to him be at BHF? He has the second place guy's trophy and that guy has mine so it would be easier if we're going to be at the same place at some point.

gonecrazy

we will not be a bhf. we will be at any of the hpt races or gateway races.

on the yellow flag thing I was just going over what was stated at the riders meeting on passing on the yellow.

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

gonecrazy

Thats what I herad at the first riders meeting..he said a standing yellow no passing...a waving yellow was game on, just be aware.

I could be wrong but i could have swear thats what he said

Burt Munro

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

tstruyk

Quote from: R1Racer99 on April 28, 2009, 12:50:29 AM

Gonecrazy, will you or anyone that could get it to him be at BHF? He has the second place guy's trophy and that guy has mine so it would be easier if we're going to be at the same place at some point.

I'll be at BHF in may, you can drop it off at the Road Race Prep pit to either myself, mark or kyle.  I can get it to Jimmy at GIR the following weekend

tim
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

R1Racer99