News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Had a BA-LAST at CMP.

Started by MELK-MAN, April 21, 2009, 03:41:45 PM

MELK-MAN

weather was incredible. Cool enough that sleeping in the trailer (with the heat on) was nice, and hot enough during the day to just break a sweat. Few more red flags than any of us like to see, but pretty sure everyone will be ok. Thanks to CCS for not having the S/F line 1/2 way into the braking zone of turn 1 this year! :biggrin:
Only suggestion, when some races are on the schedule before lunch and a 2 hour team challenge, please keep those few races before lunch or at least before a 2 hour race. The few sprints even with some delay would have had no impact on the running of the Team challenge, but made an already busy afternoon schedule very very busy for the sprints.
That is all.. carry on.. see ya at VIR!  :thumb:
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

ktd

Did you guys check your lap times?  Somehow mine got mixed up and I am even in two races I did not run.

MELK-MAN

i only check the races i was in but they appeared ok.. It does get updated so check again soon

Peter.BoyWonder

Quote from: MELK-MAN on April 21, 2009, 03:41:45 PM
weather was incredible. Cool enough that sleeping in the trailer (with the heat on) was nice, and hot enough during the day to just break a sweat. Few more red flags than any of us like to see, but pretty sure everyone will be ok. Thanks to CCS for not having the S/F line 1/2 way into the braking zone of turn 1 this year! :biggrin:
Only suggestion, when some races are on the schedule before lunch and a 2 hour team challenge, please keep those few races before lunch or at least before a 2 hour race. The few sprints even with some delay would have had no impact on the running of the Team challenge, but made an already busy afternoon schedule very very busy for the sprints.
That is all.. carry on.. see ya at VIR!  :thumb:

Here here on the pre-lunch races....Actually the thing that I had the biggest problem with was that we went to 3rd call and I was mentally prepared etc and they turned us back saying that it would be after the TC. I am sure CCS had their hands full with all of the schedule changes and it was difficult, but that was a little frustrating.

LilJayRR

They made an announcement at the TC riders meeting about why they moved the sprint races to after the TC. There is a "quiet time" that CMP has to adhere to on Sundays, for the surrounding churches and people that live around the track. They couldn't make an announcement over the PA so everyone knew what was going on and to be ready etc. so they only had the option that they used. They had to move them to after the TC race due to the "quiet time".

Also the TC race was shortened by 9 laps to 60 from 69 to help make time for all the sprint races to get in.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

MELK-MAN

Quote from: LilJayRR on April 21, 2009, 07:40:06 PM
They made an announcement at the TC riders meeting about why they moved the sprint races to after the TC. There is a "quiet time" that CMP has to adhere to on Sundays, for the surrounding churches and people that live around the track. They couldn't make an announcement over the PA so everyone knew what was going on and to be ready etc. so they only had the option that they used. They had to move them to after the TC race due to the "quiet time".

Also the TC race was shortened by 9 laps to 60 from 69 to help make time for all the sprint races to get in.

I was at the TC rider meeting, i was in the tower during lunch asking Phil and Kevin to move the few sprints originally scheduled before TC back to before the TC..  and Im aware they could not go BACK on what was announced over the PA. It would require the sprint riders to jump up and potentially not be ready after lunch as they had just heard that sprints had been moved to AFTER the TC, even though there were sprints on the schedule to be run before the TC.  THey could not announce over the PA during quiet time.
What I and a few others questioned was WHY the shedule was changed in the first place. Why move 3 or 4 short sprint races originally to be run before the 2.5 hour (shortened to 2 hour) TC, and have ALL the days sprint races after the TC. There is a big difference in running 5 or 6 sprints in a few hours vs. running 2  then having a couple hour break, then running a few more.

I appreciate that Kevin and the staff was willing to listen to the reasoning behind going back to the original schedule and consider reverting back to running the few sprints before the TC. They just got caught not being able to announce that due to the quiet time.
Thanks for a fun weekend and keep up the good work!

chaplain220

It truly was perfect weather, and even the few dark clouds that just started to spit on us during the TC, moved away and the track stayed dry.  It was great being able to encourage our boyz that went to the hospital, though I must apologize to Brad from Fla for walking into his room with the ol, "its time for your catheter, and we gotta use the larger guage line," routine.  Dont think so much laughing helped the sore bones.  And it felt good to take gixxer off-road in T4, you better believe this chaplain had some serious prayin goin on there to keep her upright, specially as T5 rolled into view with no stopping.  Had a blast bros, hope all made it home safe, and heal up quick.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: chaplain220 on April 22, 2009, 09:00:06 AM
, though I must apologize to Brad from Fla for walking into his room with the ol, "its time for your catheter, and we gotta use the larger guage line," routine.  Dont think so much laughing helped the sore bones. 

THAT is funny..!! LOL.. Brad is a good sport so im sure he appreciated that.

Rick Johnson 29

Greg sorry I didn't get a chance to come over and say hello.I'll find you at VIR.
I had a great weekend getting 4 of 5 whole shots on the R1 and leading some
races.I got three 2nd's and a 3rd in the unlimited classes.Also two 4th's in the
MW races.It was a great time and great weather.See some of you at Summit.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

stickboy274

Rick, Josh told me you looked good out there. Good job.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on April 22, 2009, 01:07:53 PM
Greg sorry I didn't get a chance to come over and say hello.I'll find you at VIR.
I had a great weekend getting 4 of 5 whole shots on the R1 and leading some
races.I got three 2nd's and a 3rd in the unlimited classes.Also two 4th's in the
MW races.It was a great time and great weather.See some of you at Summit.

for sure, see ya there. Nice results!

Rick Johnson 29

Thanks guys.Derek the tires worked great on both bikes.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000