News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Red Flag Fund Ends Operations

Started by Court Jester, March 16, 2009, 05:48:44 PM

Court Jester

:wah:

Red Flag Fund Ends Operations
Mar 16, 2009, ©Copyright 2009, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

From a press release issued by The Red Flag Fund

Red Flag Fund Board of Directors Votes to End Operations

(March 16, 2009) - The Red Flag Fund board of directors recently voted to end operations of the Red Flag Fund charity and donate all remaining general funds to the Roadracing World Action Fund and other non-profit charities that support the motorcycle road racing community and their families. The decision was made after plans to install a new fund manager fell through.

"The day-to-day work of running the Red Flag Fund can be overwhelming," said Red Flag Fund co-founder Jeff Kufalk. "Frankly, it's like having a second full-time job, and without an operations manager, the fund cannot go forward. On behalf of the Red Flag Fund board of directors, I want to thank our sponsors who donated items for auction, those who purchased Red Flag Fund auction items and other merchandise, and all those who volunteered to help along the way. It was a tremendous effort, but assisting seriously injured road racers when they needed help the most was a rewarding experience we'll never forget."

Red Flag Fund, Inc. was a non-stock, non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable company formed in 2006 to provide financial assistance to seriously injured motorcycle road racers, as well as educate motorcycle riders on the importance of proper safety gear.

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

Thanks Jeff, Paul, Alexa...I think you were all on the board...

:cheers:
Super Dave

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

xb9racer

gpz11

Thanks for all your work folks.

It's been greatly appreciated by everyone.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?lnk=rss&article=35858

racerhall

i want to thank the red flag fund for the help and hard work sorry to see it go
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Jeff

Thanks everyone.  We appreciate the support now, and everything that ALL of you have given.  It has truly been an honor.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

barb_arah

Wow, the auction weekend was something a lot of people looked forward to.  Wish The Red Flag Fund could continue!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

superbike2001

Yes, Huge Thanks to Jeff, Jen and the rest that helped out fellow racers!
Todd Robinson
Mid-Atlantic AM #155
08 R6

mike_rbm

Wow. Rough news to hear. After Gordy and now the Red Flag, my question is "now what"?

It's too bad that their isn't some type of large, nation wide org that oversees and manages well deserved causes like this.

badazz

wow... sad to hear about this!
I wish it would continue on, as we all know we need it.
#990 Mid-Atlantic Amateur 
KingStarsRacing

weggieman

All is not hopeless yet. Give it a few weeks, someone else is considering something. You didn't read that here........

gntbldr

Hmm, Gordie,,, that's some patient instilling insight there big guy. ;)