News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Well....not really what I wanted to do but

Started by wolf44, March 09, 2009, 03:20:23 PM

wolf44

I'm not going to be racing this year. 
Between my sponsors not having any $$ to spare and some other personal issues I just wont' be able to make it work this year.  I probably could make it work but I would guess not piliing myself into massive debt would be a good decision.  You'll be seeing the Buell up for sale soon so hopefully someone will jump on it and make some money with it this year and I can buy a cheap trackday bike to help teach with at Gateway this year.  I will probably be at some of the HPT events and I'll be helping run the Gateway events so I'll see some of you guys around. 
Keep in touch!
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

GrecianFormula40

No! Anthony won't be able to find his way around the track without you to follow.

Sorry to hear that Dan, I'm sitting this one out too.
CCS EX GP #181

xb9racer

hope it works out for you. I believe this will be the trend for a lot of people. As it stands now, I only plan on doing 3 race weekends this year. If work picks up, I'll do more. If it gets slower, I'll do fewer to none.

George_Linhart

Dan - hate to hear it, but you need to do what is right for you.  My family and I have a very clear understanding about priorities and while I would love to make more race weekends and step my game up to a higher level, this is not something I can allign with my other priorities.  Family, work, and savings are all very important factors to me and everything else can only be considered after I have ensured that these are taken care of first.

I don't know you specific issues, but maybe you can hold onto the Buell and just make 1 or 2 race weekends this year.  Throttle back a bit to stay safe and stretch out a single set of tires...  If your alternative is to sell the Buell this year, buy something cheap and then replace it next year with another Buell this may not be the smartest long term move.  Over the long run you may be better off in not eating costs on dumping the Buell in this economy and then buying something new in the next year or two...  Even though I only made 2 race weekends last year (HPT and Road America) I had a blast and I feel justified in owning my Buell crushing Ubber Ducati!

Think about it.  Take time to consider your issues, judge your priorities and set a plan that takes into account the more complete range of factors.  Don't just react to situations, make a honest calculation of long term costs and benefits and all of your options.

George

LMsports

I didn't know that my getting a Buell would have such an effect on the grid...
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Super Dave

Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Well if you live reasonably close to Blackhawk and are not gonna be racing, come on out to help cornerwork.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tstruyk

Quote from: GrecianFormula40 on March 09, 2009, 04:17:51 PM
No! Anthony won't be able to find his way around the track without you to follow.

Sorry to hear that Dan, I'm sitting this one out too.

I'll make sure anthony still has a carrot to chase  :biggrin:

Sorry to hear that Dan, I was really looking forward to running against you again this year... I know its what you need to do, and I'm sure we'll see ya out there again soon!

see ya at the track!

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

skiandclimb

Dan- ditch the Buell & buy something cheaper- you'll still kick the poo out of most everyone! I've got a 39cc Blata you could run in ultra light weight.....LOL

Let me know whats up with the Buell. I am having work done to the garage pretty soon, so let me know if you want me to put it in the basement or if you need to pick it up- I'm cool with either until you can figure out what you need to do!
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

funsizeracing

:wah:  Damn.  Sorry to hear.  I was looking forward to getting spanked by you again this year!

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com