News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Poll: Tire Warmers?

Started by Nate R, March 28, 2003, 07:07:04 AM

MightyDuc Racing

I would buy some used warmers (that's what I did) and get to the track as early as possible to try to get a pit with electric.  Next option is to beg and borrow somebody else's electric with a long extension cord (make sure it's a good one and a large gauge).  Third option is to at least have them for the rounds when you DO have electric available and only go without them if absolutely necessary.  I personally am borrowing a generator from a local tool place (or renting one if theirs isn't available) for the Jennings round just in case.  You can rent a generator pretty cheap from an industrial tool place.  Good luck!
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Xian_13

Never thought about renting a Generator!

Infact I am thinking I might miss the first MW race, and use that money to get warmers... (if I can find a used set  :-/)
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

motard11

Hay X, I have an extra set if you would like to try them but once your used to them, well youl see. Are you going to br at JGP soon? Motard11 ;)

Xian_13

Sorry I am in the Midwest, so I don't see JGP in my near future.
However, can you send me pics, and will the fit a Middle weight bike, 120 180/17 (I believe)?
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Woofentino Pugrossi

AS soon as I can afford it, I'm getting a generator and warmers.

BTW what the minimum wattage that you need in a generator for warmers? I seen 4000w generators for $375 as Menards.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

OmniGLH

QuoteAS soon as I can afford it, I'm getting a generator and warmers.

BTW what the minimum wattage that you need in a generator for warmers? I seen 4000w generators for $375 as Menards.

I think most warmers require between 900 and 1000w a set.  So a 4000w generator is a bit overkill if you're JUST gonna run warmers.. but probably perfect if you plan to also run a fan, a radio or tv or something, etc...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteI think most warmers require between 900 and 1000w a set.  So a 4000w generator is a bit overkill if you're JUST gonna run warmers.. but probably perfect if you plan to also run a fan, a radio or tv or something, etc...

Well then I could run an A/C in the trailer also. ;D ;D ;D

But if its possible, I might set up the trailer so I can plug the generator into a plug to power 120V lights and outlets. :D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

I believe that some warmers take more wattage, so figure a good 1500 Watts.  And if you want to run something else...you'll need the extra wattage or the warmers won't work correctly.

I might be selling my generator to get a new one...
Super Dave

sdiver68

That 4000 watt generator for $400 will probably be pretty loud :O

I figure as an average 1200 watts per set.  I know my teammate and I ran 2 sets last year on a 3000 continuos watt version no problem...
MCRA Race School Instructor