Ray Hofman Motorcycle Towing service

Started by red900, March 07, 2009, 09:24:24 AM

red900

Ray, dude I just had to go there..  I had to watch it over and over, it was incredible.   Not sure exactly why Pietri ended up where he did, but your control keeping that bike up even had Freddie Spencer commenting about your control..   I am sorry you had the bad luck, but I think you got more TV time than 90% of the other racers.

I do think Alexa needs to put "Towtruck" on the back of your leathers...

All in fun..

Dustin Boyd

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

gpz11

LMsports

Tow Mater Hoffman...the kids love him. Great job Ray!
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Supergirl

Awesome job! I bet it wasn't easy to come to a complete stop with the other bike in tow.
Excellent maneuver!
IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

Mongo

Tino totally screwed up judging how to pass him.  Damn lucky it didn't hurt them both and a damn good job keeping the bike up on Towtrucks (sorry, I had to!) part.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

steve p

Tow Mater,   Rob that is some funny  sh*t.

I like it
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

gntbldr

Ray, Ray, He's our man, If he can't Tow 'Em No One can!!!

Gixxerblade

haha that was great and Roberto screaming was classic too.

GIGOLO

Why was Robertino yelling at him, he caused the crash.  Ray should have kept going to the pits with his brand new GSXR in tow. "I didn't finish the race, but look at what I caught"  Did either one finish the race?

kawtipping

Yep, Ray finished.  Could have been higher up if not for the tow...but then again, a little TV time never hurt anyone.
Moto Union - Ducati & MV Agusta of Milwaukee

Who wants a pasta ride?

Doctor

Wisconsin SportBikes Racing Team, Zone Photo, Dunlop, MotoVid.com, Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Jim Lilly
CCS Ex #703

Jason748

Damn... I go on vacation for a week...forgot to DVR the race, and now I here Ray's starting a Towing service!  what else did I miss.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

EX_#76

Quote from: red900 on March 07, 2009, 09:24:24 AM
Ray, dude I just had to go there..  I had to watch it over and over, it was incredible.   Not sure exactly why Pietri ended up where he did, but your control keeping that bike up even had Freddie Spencer commenting about your control..   I am sorry you had the bad luck, but I think you got more TV time than 90% of the other racers.

I do think Alexa needs to put "Towtruck" on the back of your leathers...

All in fun..

Dustin Boyd

I think Ray will now be known as Ray "The Hook"  Hofman

That was awesome

WTF was that twit yelling at you about?

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Burt Munro

I want video!!!!

I was busy and unable to see any TV last week.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Eric Kelcher

On Sunday Speed had the 200 scheduled for re-broadcast on Tuesday at 11 central time. now they don't
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

truckstop

There's a short recap on the Speed TV site that shows a bit of the tow, but not the yelling.

welldrilleRR

Thanks for the posts people. It was an interesting ride. I was able to finish the race. Had to replace the rear tire due to a nice flat spot from locking up. Pietri was yelling something but I don't think it was in english. And wouldn't ya know it but Butch Frye was one of the corner workers helping pull the bikes apart. I did notice at the end of the race they had me listed as riding Yamaha. Maybe something to do with the two bikes mating

Super Dave

Quote from: welldrilleRR on March 09, 2009, 06:55:21 PM
Thanks for the posts people. It was an interesting ride. I was able to finish the race. Had to replace the rear tire due to a nice flat spot from locking up. Pietri was yelling something but I don't think it was in english. And wouldn't ya know it but Butch Frye was one of the corner workers helping pull the bikes apart. I did notice at the end of the race they had me listed as riding Yamaha. Maybe something to do with the two bikes mating
Do you feel dirty after the incident?  LOL!
Super Dave

Gixxerblade

skiandclimb

Sorry to see that happen to anyone- but it made for some amazing tv!! How you didn't dump it is beyond me!!!!
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0e4BPLU4M

Dude... you could have made that corner & shook that thing off! LOL... Rock on Ray!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest