more safety wire guidance requested.

Started by Steviebee, March 27, 2003, 03:51:22 PM

Steviebee

ok, i got the front axle and pinch bolts done.
Front caliper bolts.

Can i wire the oil drain to the strap on the oil filter ??

The 2k gsxr doesnt have anything near the oil drain to wire to.

What about the coolant drain bolt ??  I cant find one ?   Do you mean the bolts that hold on the water pump ??  I cant find any mention of a coolant drain in the shop manual.  It just says to remove the water pump hose .

got the oil fill cap done.  not sure if im going to try to wire the rear brake torque arm ??? or the rear brake (for now at least).  And im going to loctite the brake lever pivot bolt.

Except for the coolant drain bolt which i cant find, i should be ok ?  right ??

Super Dave

Quoteok, i got the front axle and pinch bolts done.
Front caliper bolts.

Can i wire the oil drain to the strap on the oil filter ??

The 2k gsxr doesnt have anything near the oil drain to wire to.

What about the coolant drain bolt ??  I cant find one ?   Do you mean the bolts that hold on the water pump ??  I cant find any mention of a coolant drain in the shop manual.  It just says to remove the water pump hose .

got the oil fill cap done.  not sure if im going to try to wire the rear brake torque arm ??? or the rear brake (for now at least).  And im going to loctite the brake lever pivot bolt.

Except for the coolant drain bolt which i cant find, i should be ok ?  right ??

The water pump has a bolt on it, usually, that is a drain.  I know my R6 has one.  Can't remember if the GSXR had one.  Maybe it doesn't.  I don't remember rewiring it.

I think I was wiring my drain to something far away, but you can wire things together as long as they keep each other tight.
Super Dave