Opinions......radial master cyl.

Started by skiandclimb, February 25, 2009, 11:10:17 PM

skiandclimb

Found this Brembo knock-off master cylinder on E-Bay.  Besides the fact that it is a complete knock-off, and the main body is obviously cast, the piston doesn't look half bad.  I wonder if it was built using a Brembo re-build kit.  I have the Brembo set-up, and was searching for spare levers swhen I found this...It seemed interesting, so I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220314389447

Hmmm...."or best offer" does seem tempting just to try it out and review it for the masses....

Input?

-Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

tzracer

No, for 2 reasons.

First it is a knock off. By purchasing it, you are only encouraging the practice.

Second, I have heard that these are of very low quality and can fail in a dramatic fashion.

If you want a radial, just buy the Brembo. Are brakes something on which you should skimp?
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Jeff

Quote from: tzracer on February 26, 2009, 08:15:18 AM
If you want a radial, just buy the Brembo. Are brakes something on which you should skimp?

PLUS ONE MILLION!!!!!!

Do you REALLY want to be wondering if it's going to work when you're trying to back down from a buck fifty?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Cowboy 6

Quote from: Jeff on February 26, 2009, 11:19:56 AM
PLUS ONE MILLION!!!!!!

Do you REALLY want to be wondering if it's going to work when you're trying to back down from a buck fifty?

+1 for me.
I saw those too and thought how it would really suck for that POS to break off in your hand comming into turn one with the rear wheel in the air.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

skiandclimb

Yeah, I've got the Brembo GP radial now, and I love it! Just found this and wanted to see what you guys thought.

I agree that this stuff promotes copying, but at $79.00 its easy to see why these folks are having success at doing it!

#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: skiandclimb on February 26, 2009, 11:57:19 AMI agree that this stuff promotes copying, but at $79.00 its easy to see why these folks are having success at doing it!

Unfortunately a large segment of society has gotten to a point where they feel they 'deserve' to have the same things as people who make more money do, this lead to a massive increase in knock-off's being produced, which has even lead to a reduction in quality of some of the upper end products (due to alot of people's apparent widespread willingness to accept inferior products). Something else that goes hand in hand with people feeling they 'deserve' to have the same things as other people is refered to as 'consumerism'. Consumerism is the 'feeling' of personal happiness thru the consumption and purchase of material possessions - this 'feeling' is from the various 'feel-good' chemicals released in the brain (Oxcytocin, Serotonin, Dopamine, etc). Those chemicals are naturally released in the brain when your healthy, happy, loved, excited, etc. - but unfortunately they are also deceptively released in some other situations ('deceptive' because the actions themselves are often times unhealthy and/or dangerous and are actually being used as band-aids to cover up other problems). Drug use, drinking, eating junk food / excessive eating, fighting, promiscuity, consumerism, etc are all examples of band-aids being used to try and make up for 'feel-good' chemicals not naturally being released in a persons brain in their every day life.

Luckily for the manufacturers of the knock-off junk (alot of which is coming out of China) the combination of people feeling they 'deserve' to have everything and 'consumerism' has resulted in a thriving knock-off market in the USA. Many people have become so accepting of buying inferior products (because they got that 'feel-good' rush from getting such 'a good deal') that they don't care if they have to replace it when it fails prematurely (because they get another 'rush' when they buy again and get another 'great deal').

It's a sad vicous cycle, but an unfortunate reality today!  :preachon:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Gixxerblade

wow. Nice. I still wouldn't buy one if it was $179.

Sobottka

probably better off with an oem yamaha brembo and spend less (used)
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

mdr14

Wow GSXR Mike...You actually made a great post on the ccs board I gave you a positive on that one.. Actually I am more amazed that was a good post on here period!!!!
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Super Dave

Quote from: Sobottka on February 27, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
probably better off with an oem yamaha brembo and spend less (used)
That's my alternative.  Like Rob said, the current, and I think that's from around '04 to '05 depending upon the model, R series master cylinders are less expensive Brembo units made for Yamaha.  Levers are cheap too.
Super Dave

skiandclimb

Yeah, the brembo levers are what prompted my search in the first place.  I love the set up and feel of the system, but damn.....$80 bucks a lever?!?!  Damn.

Funny thing about this knock-off I posted is the logo....close- real close!
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on February 28, 2009, 06:45:32 PM
Yeah, the brembo levers are what prompted my search in the first place.  I love the set up and feel of the system, but damn.....$80 bucks a lever?!?!  Damn.
You could buy a used Yamaha/Brembo MC with the lever for that kind of money.  If you're on a budget.
Super Dave