News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Opinions......radial master cyl.

Started by skiandclimb, February 25, 2009, 11:10:17 PM

skiandclimb

Dave- do you know what the specs of the yamaha unit is?  My Brembo is 19x18, and it has really good feeling.  I also have the stock brembo unit (Ducati) as a back up. I was able to find a brembo 19x18 lever, but there's not a ton of them out there.  Would the yamaha radial give me similar feel to my GP unit?
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on March 01, 2009, 08:05:31 AM
Dave- do you know what the specs of the yamaha unit is?  My Brembo is 19x18, and it has really good feeling.  I also have the stock brembo unit (Ducati) as a back up. I was able to find a brembo 19x18 lever, but there's not a ton of them out there.  Would the yamaha radial give me similar feel to my GP unit?
I don't have a perfect answer for you at all.  I've ridden a few bikes that have the real deal Brembo, but not long enough to form an opinion.  The Yamaha/Brembo's are what saved my arm in 2004, and they do work a lot better than the regular ones.

Looking at the one that is going on my Buell, it has "16" cast into it.  That make it a 19x16?
Super Dave

skiandclimb

I've seen 19x16's on e-bay all the time.  Not sure if they are real deal brembos or faux types....I'll see what I can find.
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

http://d2cycles.com/ has a Yamaha/Brembo master cylinder with lever and resevoir for $60 + $10 shipping.

It's under parts, Yamaha, R6, 2006.  Good people to deal with too.  They race out of KC.
Super Dave

skiandclimb

Thanks Dave- I'll definitely check them out. D2 is an MCRA sponsor, too.

-Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Cowboy 6

Actually, there ARE a ton of them out there. Just call Lockhart Phillips. They have replacement levers in the $20 range for the Brembo radials.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

skiandclimb

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on March 01, 2009, 09:25:41 PM
Actually, there ARE a ton of them out there. Just call Lockhart Phillips. They have replacement levers in the $20 range for the Brembo radials.

You are a pimp! Gracias!!!!
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

skiandclimb

Dangit- couldn't find the Brembo replacements on LP site.  Are you sure??? (You're still a pimp. lol)
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Dave- do you know what the specs of the yamaha unit is?
The Yamaha/Brembo is apparently a 18x16.
Super Dave

Cowboy 6

Quote from: skiandclimb on March 02, 2009, 12:17:03 AM
Dangit- couldn't find the Brembo replacements on LP site.  Are you sure??? (You're still a pimp. lol)

You may have to call them pn = 250-5031 for 19x18 MC.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Gbord

Not quite the same topic,  but close.........

I have a Brembo system that I bought from a buddy.  It was crashed and needed the repair kit, which he included.  But,  In originally trying to fix it he turned the factory set "depth setting" that your not supposed to change.  Can this be fixed or re-calibrated?  I've heard that there may be someone in the US that can do the job........ 
Begin it now.

benprobst

Quote from: Gbord on March 23, 2009, 08:51:48 AM
Not quite the same topic,  but close.........

I have a Brembo system that I bought from a buddy.  It was crashed and needed the repair kit, which he included.  But,  In originally trying to fix it he turned the factory set "depth setting" that your not supposed to change.  Can this be fixed or re-calibrated?  I've heard that there may be someone in the US that can do the job........ 

Talk to Fred at yoyodyne. (www.yoyodyneti.com) He is the Brembo man, and is really helpful. Technically anyone can set the depth, but its extremely crucial to get it perfect, and you need to having the tooling/ability to do so. Fred can supply you with the measurment and most liekly a place ot get it re-set.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565