News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question of ethics

Started by Eddie#200, March 27, 2003, 02:27:41 PM

Eddie#200

Ok,  I know I'm not the fastest guy out there but I can hold my own with you experts... I just received my CRA license and I'm listed as a NOVICE for 2003.  I filled in the Expert check mark on the form, I got the yellow number anyway...  Should I just run the races and cherry pick or should I tell someone?  ::)

Hey Edgar be quiet about this!  ;D

r3card

go for it eddie these little bronze looking trophies from daytona are neat. you will have to sanbag some of your local races though.    :)

Super_KC124

I would be ashamed to run a yellow plate if I were you. Since I'm not you, I have no problem with being a Novice. ;D ;D ;D See you at MAM?

Speedballer347

It wouldn't be cherry picking unless you could run away from the field of novices.
Are you that mush faster than them, or will you be dicing w/ them?
If you'll be dustiing ALL of them, then move up where you belong.  
If you'll be mixing it up w/ them...what's the prob?

The amateurs I raced w/ at Gateway (didei, chacherre, fuzner, sdiver, #722) where fast enough not to worry about a non-top-5 expert stepping back and cherrypickin'
It would have just made all of us try to go faster.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Protein Filled

You would not be the first one to do it...I have seen a few CRA experts run novice in CCS before. Why not the other way around?

Hey r3card, unfortunately CRA is not a CCS affiliate so there is no Daytona option for CRA racers. It would be real nice if it was. I would love to see a Mid-North-Central or whatever region where we get to race Brainerd, Mid-America, Blackhawk and Road America for a regional championship. The CRA-CCS affiliation has been brought up a few times at CRA, but they don't see any value in it... I guess they are supposed to know what's best

;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Eddie#200

QuoteIt wouldn't be cherry picking unless you could run away from the field of novices.
Are you that mush faster than them, or will you be dicing w/ them?
If you'll be dustiing ALL of them, then move up where you belong.  
If you'll be mixing it up w/ them...what's the prob?

The amateurs I raced w/ at Gateway (didei, chacherre, fuzner, sdiver, #722) where fast enough not to worry about a non-top-5 expert stepping back and cherrypickin'
It would have just made all of us try to go faster.

I'm guessing that I will do very well.  I practiced with the Experts last season during a CRA weekend being one of the faster Novices.  I had fun running with them...  I was practicing with the Novices and found myself running much faster than they were. I though it was safer to move up to the Expert practice.  I would say that I'm going to have a good chance of being a top finisher as a yellow plate.
 ;D

Speedballer347

I thought you were a top-finisher in amateur last season???  You won a championship, so you already beat the am's....no point in doing it twice.
I would move up where you belong and race your peers :)

If your front-running amateur, you'll be top-10 in expert 8)
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Eddie#200

QuoteThen move up where you belong and race your peers :)
If your that fast in amateur, you'll be top-10 in expert 8)

Yeah,  top ten...  or top top??

Speedballer347

Top top?  ???
 I am figuring Gorden, Tez, Kramer, Nichols, King, etc, etc, etc to be filling the front spots...No?
I figure we'll (2002am's/2003ex's) be killing ourselves to get in the 10spot, if we are lucky

Eddie#200

QuoteTop top?  ???

I dunno...I don't think I would be top 10 as an expert.  I think I would be first 1/3 though.  I would have a good chance to finish first as a novice.

Speedballer347

Whatever you do sits fine w/ me, but you will be an Expert racing against Amateurs :o ....not the fairest scenario, but when was racing ever fair :'(

Super_KC124

I think this falls in the white or yellow file. Don't make me bring it back. :-X  Eddie, what classes will you be running at MAM?