CCS.. COMMING TO JENNINGS GP!!

Started by MELK-MAN, March 27, 2003, 09:20:13 AM

MELK-MAN

april 5-6., yea baby..  ;D.. racing at a track ive actually ridden MANY times.. cant wait. was adding up the laps at that track..lets see...20 track days, average of 5 sessions with 7-10 laps a session, thats ummm 800 laps or so. Im not going to learn a place much better so i hope theres a correlation between laps ran and my finishes..
see ya there! 8)
greg
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

hdpromos

Melkman, I think you just put a big "bulls eye" on the back of your leathers! ::)

HD

MELK-MAN

oh yea... that could be... not the intention, just hoping for a good finish..  ;D ;D later.

Bsmedic

What kind of times are you turning? What do the hywt. ams do there?

Thanks, Brian

SliderPhoto

The track is coming under fire for noise. You might want to show your support for the track.

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=5564

MELK-MAN

QuoteWhat kind of times are you turning? What do the hywt. ams do there?

Thanks, Brian

fairly fast guys do 1:25, real fast guys do 1:23-22 with top experts doing 1:19-20. Darren luck did a couple 1:18s last year in a CCS race i watched but was well ahead of the field. i started off in the 1:29-30s. after 1 year of track days there can do steady 24-25 with good tires..a real big bike is not necessary to go fast at this track. 1st track record and current track record are held by 250gp bikes (1:15.2 presently). other recent records were held by gsxr1000s, (mike smith, then recently Steve Rapp)..

MELK-MAN

QuoteThe track is coming under fire for noise. You might want to show your support for the track.

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=5564

do your part ... email this guy...go down to where it says "help JenningsGP".http://www.jenningsgp.com/

MightyDuc Racing

Hey Greg...I won't be there until May, as you know  :-/...but I have been there once (my very first ever track day) and ran in the mid 1:30's with a motor that wouldn't rev over 7000 RPM's due to carbs being adjusted wrong and it running out of fuel on the straights.  Think I'll be in the 1:25-1:28 range this time?  I think that's what it'll take to win the lightweight races.  Just curious.

Bryan
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

motard11

Damn it you guys are fast!! Well as for me hi1:30's are about all I got :-/ I am planing to run the early April race JGP In the supersingles or lightweight singles dont know which. Am I really gonna get my a$$ handed to me? As I do wish to be competive!!                Motard11 ;)

MELK-MAN

QuoteHey Greg...I won't be there until May, as you know  :-/...but I have been there once (my very first ever track day) and ran in the mid 1:30's with a motor that wouldn't rev over 7000 RPM's due to carbs being adjusted wrong and it running out of fuel on the straights.  Think I'll be in the 1:25-1:28 range this time?  I think that's what it'll take to win the lightweight races.  Just curious.

Bryan

24s-25s would for sure. Alex F. was winning stuff last year in the AM classes on his sv but was doing 24-25.. that would win am classes for sure...
later

james-redsv

Take all these lap times with a grain of salt. Its been my experence most people pad their times by a sec or two. :o Also during a race lap times mean nothing, who get to the checkered flag first is who wins.  ;D

MELK-MAN

QuoteTake all these lap times with a grain of salt. Its been my experence most people pad their times by a sec or two. :o Also during a race lap times mean nothing, who get to the checkered flag first is who wins.  ;D

very ture, easy to run laps on an open track. different when in a group of 5-6 bikes its different. best laps as well are not representative of average laps. See ya there!!!

MightyDuc Racing

Actually, in my only race experience so far, I knocked off 4-5 seconds per lap in the race compared to my practice times.  Really weird because I thought I was going as fast as I could in practice.  Then I actually ran a lap that was 7 seconds faster than my best practice lap.  Maybe it's just me, but the race environment seemed to make me a lot faster.  Can't wait till May to find out if it will hold true again.  See you guys there!
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MELK-MAN

QuoteActually, in my only race experience so far, I knocked off 4-5 seconds per lap in the race compared to my practice times.  Really weird because I thought I was going as fast as I could in practice.  Then I actually ran a lap that was 7 seconds faster than my best practice lap.  Maybe it's just me, but the race environment seemed to make me a lot faster.  Can't wait till May to find out if it will hold true again.  See you guys there!

MD.. you are right. its the same for me and other racers ive spoken to. Its stupid to ride so hard you nearly crash in practice or a track day..save the REALLY hard riding for the track. Then, as you said, you get pumped@!!! ready for combat!@!!! It is that way in many televised races. The commentators often say the "the guys are lapping at qualifying times..." .. 1/2 way through a  race, with tires going off, they must just be "UP" for the moment...

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton