Engine/bike builder

Started by klebs01, February 11, 2009, 06:35:14 PM

klebs01

Well I just picked up a couple of boxes of parts of what used to by my SV from what used to be 4&6.  Does anyone have any suggestions for someone in the Chicago/SE WI area that would be good to finish the build?  Would I be better off just selling the parts and starting over?  Or should I just go back to playing golf?  Its getting really difficult to trust people these days.
Nathan Kleba  AM #72

backMARKr

Try Ben Probst.... :thumb:

PM me and I will get you his contact #
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

mdr14

Or you could always give Good ol Matt Drucker a call at MD Racing (309) 526-3246
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

benprobst

Thanks for the kind words guys. Klebs, Id love to talk with you sometime. SV's are my specialty and I have been lucky enough to put together some of the faster bikes in the MW, or so I have heard from an occasional competitor. I can provide references, as well as results from past races. Give me a call sometime if you have any questions or just want to shoot the shit. My number is 314 574 1498 or 314 541 3435. Thanks man and hope to talk to you soon.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

dylanfan53

Bill Whisenant - Motorcycle Performance in Madison. 608-238-1195.  Bill has built many SV and Duc engines over the years and he'll give you what you ask for.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Fast4fun

Did I miss a notice regarding 4&6 going out of business? Or is this another satisfied customer?
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

klebs01

Quote from: Fast4fun on February 11, 2009, 11:49:34 PM
Did I miss a notice regarding 4&6 going out of business? Or is this another satisfied customer?

I got a call today saying Jim went AWAL and that they needed to be out of there spot.  Ed said that I needed to come pick up my bike (really just a bunch of parts at this point) so it didn't get thrown out on the street. 

To be honest, some of my experiences with the whole motorcycle industry have been pretty off putting.  Not sure if its bad luck or bad choices, but it seems like the industry could use a few more honest people.

This time, I would like to find someone that will finish the job.  I'll make some calls soon to those suggested.  Thanks for the help.
Nathan Kleba  AM #72

racerhall

call Jason Farrell, his shop is in Oshkosh wisconsin and is called speed tech racing
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Jeff

Quote from: mdr14 on February 11, 2009, 08:18:42 PM
Or you could always give Good ol Matt Drucker a call at MD Racing (309) 526-3246

+1...  Matt's a good shit.  Strong & reliable...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Farmboy

Quote from: backMARKr on February 11, 2009, 07:42:55 PM
Try Ben Probst.... :thumb:

PM me and I will get you his contact #

+1000

Ben has built/rebuilt/worked on my buddy Hernan's SVs, and those bikes are fast, and given their  high level of tune, very reliable. I think you did some LW races last year; if so, you'll recall #619, either the blue or green bike. Moreover, Ben was able to pinpoint a problem in one of the bikes which several other builders missed. If I were an SV guy, I'd definitely be taking my bikes to Ben. (Unfortunately, I'm not, and I don't think his bikes will beat my Ducs this year - sorry, Ben. Nate, maybe you should sell your SV and start over with a nice 2 valve desmo...)
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

Super Dave

Quote from: dylanfan53 on February 11, 2009, 11:11:21 PM
Bill Whisenant - Motorcycle Performance in Madison. 608-238-1195.  Bill has built many SV and Duc engines over the years and he'll give you what you ask for.
At this point, I would recommend Bill also, Nathan. 
Super Dave