News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ASRA Sportbike question

Started by eh427, February 07, 2009, 07:09:38 PM

eh427

I was just looking at the rules for asra sportbike. It says that they can't make more than 105hp at end of the race. Don't most 600s make more than that at the rear wheel stock? If so, do you have to detune them or run a throttle stop? Just curious.
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

Super Dave

Quote from: eh427 on February 07, 2009, 07:09:38 PM
I was just looking at the rules for asra sportbike. It says that they can't make more than 105hp at end of the race. Don't most 600s make more than that at the rear wheel stock? If so, do you have to detune them or run a throttle stop? Just curious.
105HP on a Factory Pro dyno.  That's probably close to 120HP on a Dynojet dyno. 

Lots of ways to detune if you need to.  Use gas, tape over an air cleaner, etc. 
Super Dave

JBraun

My ZX6 made 101hp on the ASRA dyno at HPT in 07, and that was the fastest 600 motor I've ever built. 105 is a lot on their dyno.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Scotty Ryan

What these guys said... If you take and add roughly 15% to the Factory Dyno numbers you roughly get the Dyno Jet Numbers.... So - If you have a 600 that makes more the 105hp on the Factory Dyno - You've got a strong bike....

The strongest 600 I have ridden was my FX bike from last season - It was a Kawi ZX6 - On a Factory Dyno the day before qualifying for the 200 last year - it pulled 112.1hp + the rough 15% = 128.9hp on a dynojet....

To get a bike to that point costs alott of money - And even then - It may not be reliable....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

SVbadguy

My stock '07 CBR600 did 96.7 on the ASRA dyno in March.  107 on a Dynojet. 
Later in the year with just Bazzaz FI with a little tweaking, stock filter without the paper element and pump gas, 110.3 and 114.2 with U4 on the DJ dyno.

Good competitive bike for Sportbike.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair