News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

sv650 class

Started by irishbike, January 28, 2009, 08:41:57 PM

irishbike

Can you tell me where I can find an explanation of the different classes in CCS racing. Im looking to enter a SV650 in select events. I appreciate any help

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

irishbike

Im new to this so if you could bear with me, Is there a class that has only sv650 or if not what class would you recommend for someone with very little racing experience, Thanks

xb9racer

Any of the lightweight classes, thunderbike, or Ultrlightweight supersport

roadracer162

Ultralight Superbike is the lowest class and a stock bore SV will be very competitive. Then a step up is the Lightweight classes which the SV with modifications are still competitive.

To help clarify a little more. There are different levels starting with Ultralight, then Lightweight, Middleweight, Heavyweight and then Unlimited. Within these levels are the Supersport(basically stock), GP, Superbike. There are also sportsman classes as in F40, Lightweight Formula 40, and Thunderbike.

A stock SV qualifies for all of the classes. The stock SV would be most competitive in Ultralight Superbike and Lightweight Supersport. Everything else in the lightweight classes will have modified Lightweight bikes, but it doesn't mean you can't run them and do well.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

123user

From an SV point of view, 4 of these classes are nearly identical.  LWGP, LWSB, Thunderbike, and LWF40.  All allow heavily modified bikes and motors up to max. displacement.  LWSS and ULSB offers the greatest chance of competetive racing with a stock SV650.

If you choose the modified route there are  more classes you could be more competetive in... but it depends on how much modification you want to do.  If your unwilling to build a 95HP SV, you could be competetive (depending on your skills), but you might just be frustrated as 110HP Duc/Buell's roll by.

CCS has a pretty liberal interpretation of supersport.  It is not like WERA rules, so there's a lot you can do.  Judging by typical grid sizes in the MW, it seems like LWSS is pretty popular with amateurs, and less popular with experts.

irishbike

Thank you very much, youve been very helpful