New number display regulation

Started by skipper08, January 25, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

ScubaSteve

Gus- Not all stations have only 1 guy at them. Plus all officals and cornerworkers have radios. We can follow you around the track without having one of our corner workers leave a station.

Is that simple enough for you...haha
Steve

CCS FL

MELK-MAN

1st off CORNER WORKERS .. WE LOVE YOU. without your thankless services we don't race. Just hear our side of things too.

Gus, the side fairing # they are refering to would be on the lower belly pan area or on the side of your upper fairing. Im with you, clearly from your photos the single "100" is no less visible than if you had two "100's" back to back on either "side" of the tail. Leaned over, you still can not see the tail from the outside of a turn.
What is a mystery is how for decades we have had numbers on the front, and the tail and occasionally there is trouble, yet all the other sanctioning bodies alllow a single number on the tail. Presently it is actually harder to see some tail section numbers when forced to have 2 of them vs. a single number. The side panel numbers i hope are not enforced except for extrem circumstancs, especially in age of transponders. In the event there is an incident can the corner worker actually get a clear visual on a number every time? With all that goes on especially in multiple bike incidents, or what if a bike is to the outside of the rider your trying to get a number on? Even with a number on the side of the bike (not tail) you still wont see it.
Next we are going to be required to run a number on the bottom of the belly pan in case we are upside down ! (ok... that was sarcastic and sorry , but i have pictures of my bikes upside down..)

ALL kidding aside, i know the corner workers have a hell of a job and it is a less than thankless job for the most part. Rarely do you get a "thanks man, i really appreciate your help today", only rants like this when we riders get our undies in a bunch. Please just consider our view on this too...
Greg
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

skipper08

Quote from: ScubaSteve on January 26, 2009, 04:23:12 PM
Gus- Not all stations have only 1 guy at them. Plus all officals and cornerworkers have radios. We can follow you around the track without having one of our corner workers leave a station.

Is that simple enough for you...haha

so why the side numbers if you can do that, thats what im saying.
if you can say on the radio " white ducatti, white leathers, white helmet passed a racer under yellow flag " then why are they giving so much trouble with the numbers on the side. like i said if is not mandatory then why even bother on changing it at all.

and i know thats what CWs do, i was just answering to what casper said of leaving his station to go to turn 8 even if is for a split second.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

ScubaSteve

Personally I like how your numbers on your tail. i dont make the rules though.

Steve

CCS FL

skipper08

Quote from: MELK-MAN on January 26, 2009, 04:25:55 PM
Gus, the side fairing # they are refering to would be on the lower belly pan area or on the side of your upper fairing. Im with you, clearly from your photos the single "100" is no less visible than if you had two "100's" back to back on either "side" of the tail. Leaned over, you still can not see the tail from the outside of a turn.
What is a mystery is how for decades we have had numbers on the front, and the tail and occasionally there is trouble, yet all the other sanctioning bodies alllow a single number on the tail. Presently it is actually harder to see some tail section numbers when forced to have 2 of them vs. a single number. The side panel numbers i hope are not enforced except for extrem circumstancs, especially in age of transponders. In the event there is an incident can the corner worker actually get a clear visual on a number every time? With all that goes on especially in multiple bike incidents, or what if a bike is to the outside of the rider your trying to get a number on? Even with a number on the side of the bike (not tail) you still wont see it.
Next we are going to be required to run a number on the bottom of the belly pan in case we are upside down ! (ok... that was sarcastic and sorry , but i have pictures of my bikes upside down..)

ALL kidding aside, i know the corner workers have a hell of a job and it is a less than thankless job for the most part. Rarely do you get a "thanks man, i really appreciate your help today", only rants like this when we riders get our undies in a bunch. Please just consider our view on this too...
Greg

i agree with you 100% the CW do always an excellent job, till this day i have nothing bad to say about them.
and i would love to make it easier for them, but why instead of running the numbers like that why not put them on the leathers on the back, i think that would help even more.

a side fairing number can also be blocked by another rider and you know that as in the expert pack they run side to side all the time.

im just saying they are trying to make so many rules on top of rules for no reason, if they need to do some thing then just do so if not just leave it how it was.

making it an option is not going to help CW at all either make it mandatory or dont mention it at all.

i am personally going to stich my number to the back of my leathers bc i like that and is just a habit, lets see what the end result of that will be.

EDIT: i understand the tail situation. and in regards to your up side down situation, i just cant believe you have pics of that, just insane LOL
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

skipper08

Quote from: ScubaSteve on January 26, 2009, 04:33:34 PM
Personally I like how your numbers on your tail. i dont make the rules though.

thanks bro. i actully try to put the tail numbers bigger than what i had before so it was better to see.
and if you made the rules we would be some where else probably LOL.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

ScubaSteve

Quote from: skipper08 on January 26, 2009, 04:38:04 PM

thanks bro. i actully try to put the tail numbers bigger than what i had before so it was better to see.
and if you made the rules we would be some where else probably LOL.

Hey you would like my rules or else! I'll see you next weekend Gus. good luck in Ex class!!
Steve

CCS FL

skipper08

Quote from: ScubaSteve on January 26, 2009, 04:40:43 PM
Hey you would like my rules or else! I'll see you next weekend Gus. good luck in Ex class!!

i know i know i know...........................no argument there lol.
thank stevooooo, see you in 12 days
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Casper34

Thanks steve.

If you read the rule, if you want the single number on your tail, then YES you do need the side numbers.
Corner Worker Runner
T 2,3,8,9 Homestead
T 2,3-4 Moroso
T 7 Jennings

mq105

MQ 
FL  #283

LongDogRacing

Ben Spies with side numbers: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2009/wsbk/portugal-test-jan/@/_BEE8052.htm

Looks like side numbers have the potential to be very visible.
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

skipper08

Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300