News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS School?

Started by rixride, March 26, 2003, 06:04:06 AM

rixride

Does CCS have its own Racing School? I am looking for a less expensive alternative to a full out 2-3 day school. Was wondering if there was something out there that will let you race after the school maybe that same weekend?? ???

Dawn

Where are you located?  There are different schools in different areas.

Dawn   :)

rixride

in Northern VA.   :) Close to Summit Point

r6_philly

MARRC runs its own school, and it is more expensive than the CCS appointed one day schools I think.

Try www.learningcurves.com thats where I took the school. But they won't be doing it at Summit, thats MARRC only. I took mine at VIR.

MightyDuc Racing

I took my school at Homestead with Frank Kinsey.  Then I raced the same weekend.  They all STRONGLY suggest getting in some track days before doing this for your safety and the safety of others.  The schools on race weekends involve a few hours of class time and about 10 laps with an instructor, and then they turn ya loose.  I am sure that Kinsey will be running his both CCS weekends at Jennings GP (April 5-6 and May 3-4).  It's $100 + a $10 deposit for the orange t-shirt (kept mine as a souvenir).  Then you'll pay the $75 CCS practice fee and need to enter at least one race on Sunday ($50).  Good luck.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

tzracer

The amount of track time must vary. Learning Curves has Licensing Clinics east of the Mississippi, VIR and Roebling on the east coast.
at the clinics that I teach at (MW,GP,GL) we get about an hour of track time, broken into 4 sessions.

Doing some track days beforehand is not a bad idea. It can help you to decide if you will really enjoy racing before spending much money. I would suggest something like a Lockhart-Phillips day (known as LP days - run by CCS - Learning Curves will be at the LP days at Blackhawk) at various tracks) or a school more along the lines of Learning Curves (Street sport days) or Penguin or Vision Sports rather than California Superbike School or Class schools. The former will give you more of a feel for what racing is like
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

r6_philly

QuoteDoing some track days beforehand is not a bad idea. It can help you to decide if you will really enjoy racing before spending much money. I would suggest something like a Lockhart-Phillips day (known as LP days - run by CCS - Learning Curves will be at the LP days at Blackhawk) at various tracks) or a school more along the lines of Learning Curves (Street sport days) or Penguin or Vision Sports rather than California Superbike School or Class schools. The former will give you more of a feel for what racing is like

I also know many people who take the learning curves school, get the license and just go and do friday practice, and not race the weekend until they are more confortable. They get to ride with their competition and it is cheaper than track days...

I must say I really enjoyed the clinic at VIR with learning curves. We got 2 practice sessions plus the mock race, not too much track time, but Donnie Unger was wonderful in making us - the nervous bunch, more comfortable with the prospect of racing, and made the first step that much easier and more enjoyable :) hopefully I will join the list of accomplished racers who are LCR graduates some day  ;D

Speed_Shifter

You want cheap and Summit Point???  How does 4/19-20 at Summit Point Raceway for $60.00 sound to you?  Check out the links below.  All dates on the schedule listed with an "rs" means they have the riders school.  The school is one full day and includes classroom and track time.  At the end of the day everyone in the class has a mock race.  I took that school and raced the next day with WERA.  I raced two weekends with WERA and then I changed over to CCS the following year.  You could always race CCS and WERA if you like.

http://www.wera.com/pages/fees.html

http://www.wera.com/pages/yearlyschedule.htm#Mid%20Atlantic

MightyDuc Racing

Quick stupid question...if I show up at a WERA event with my CCS license, do I just pay the WERA license fee and race?  Been thinking about doing one of their endurance races with a buddy of mine.  Just curious.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

EX#996

Bryan:

I believe that you are correct.  If you have a current license with another racing organization, you would pay the license fee, entry fees, and then you should be good to go.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton