News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

# requirement for helmet?

Started by Jkf95, March 26, 2003, 04:27:06 AM

Jkf95

Is there a requirement this year to put your number on your helmet?  Seems like I read this somewhere, but I'm not sure.  I can't seem to access or download the rules from the website.

Thanks,
JKF

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

DiDiMaO

Here's the info on the helmet.  I put my number on mine.  No big deal if it helps identify my body.

5.1 RIDER EQUIPMENT
5.1.1 Undamaged full-face helmet with face shield and bearing a stamp of approval from one of the following
international standards:
D. O. T. FMVSS – 218 (USA)
Snell M95 and M2000 (USA)
BS. 6658 TYPE. A (GREAT - BRITAIN)
ECE 22 - 04 & ECE 22 - 05 "P" (EUROPE)
A. It is requested that all riders put their competition number on the chin bar or side of their helmets to aid in
identification should the rider be involved in a multi-bike incident. This will become mandatory in 2004.

spyderchick

Thanks for the info Tony. That's a rule change I was not aware of. It might sound grim, but you should also have your blood type on there as well. Many auto sanctioning bodies require this, and it would be a good idea for us as well.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

They didn't make it a requirement, but did PLEA that we do it.  Reason being, when numerous riders go down in a corner and more than 1 don't get up, it's a guessing game...

Personally, I'd rather have my number there than get confused with the guy who has "DO NOT RESUSCITATE" on his entry sheet...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MZGirl

Just a tip that I use that may help others out.  My leathers have an inside zipper pocket in the liner on the upper left.  I painted a red cross symbol on the zipper, and safety pinned to the inside of the pocket I have a laminated paper.  The paper has my name, contact info, blood type, allergies, medical coverage & policy # info, names and phone #s of people to contact if I'm injured, as well as brand & comp. # of my bike, and what vehicle I came to the track in with license plate #.  It all fits on the front & back of a business card sized piece of paper.

I figure if I'm unconcious, they're going to unzip my leathers, and this gives them all the important info right away.  I've also seen people get air-lifted out and the crash truck people were wandering around in the pits asking if they knew who's crashed bike it was (hence the bike & vehicle info).

Luckily I haven't had to use this yet, but I have it there for peace-of-mind.

the_weggie_man

MZGirl ...... a most excellent idea. I used to carry med info in my leathers when I was still competing.

Especially you guys that insist on showing up at races alone.  Make all the info you can available  to the medical staff and race officials.

I wish the race organizations would make it mandatory to do something like this.

Super_KC124

I allmost allways come to the races alone. Excellent idea. (I hope this year I can get a few of the people who allways say" Let me know when your racing next. I'd love to come watch." then never show up. :'()

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI allmost allways come to the races alone. Excellent idea. (I hope this year I can get a few of the people who allways say" Let me know when your racing next. I'd love to come watch." then never show up. :'()

I am in the same situation of always going to the races alone and I usually have my medical insurance card and drivers license inside the inner chest pocket on my leathers.
     On the statement of no one coming to the track to watch you, I too am in that same situation, which is really sad figuring that I live in Rockford which is only like 10 miles from BHF. I've never even had family members or relatives of mine come and watch me since I started racing in '96. Now with gate fees being $15 for spectators I doubt it will ever happen.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EX#996

LOL!!!!

Kevin:

I clicked on your site and this is what popped up:

CONGRATULATIONS!  

YOU ARE THE 10,000,000th  
VISITOR TO THIS WEBSITE  

CLICK HERE TO CLOSE THIS WINDOW
and contact our prize department immediately  

Too funny!

Dawn   :)

Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

Uh Dawn, That was a pop-up.  :( These are bad. I don't think Kevin put it there.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX#996

QuoteUh Dawn, That was a pop-up.  :( These are bad. I don't think Kevin put it there.

LOL!!!

I know, but it just struck me as funny.  I wonder how many people are the 10,000,000th person to visit that site.  

Kevin could go up to one of his sponsors, click on his site, and say "Look at what kind of exposure you will have!  10,000,000 people have already looked at my site!"

Dawn :D
Paul and Dawn Buxton