Women's Class - Events and Rules

Started by truckstop, January 19, 2009, 11:24:48 PM

truckstop

So, for those who haven't noticed (and it took me by surprise too) there's going to be two women's classes this year in CCS.

I have mixed feelings about this... since even though *I'm* slow, that women shouldn't need the "handicap" of having their own class. That like in many equestrian sports, and auto racing, that gender doesn't matter. (And the reason there aren't lots of female champions is because there just aren't enough of us doing it...  yet.)

BUT at the same time I fully recognize that having a women's only class will attract more women to the sport - and I completely support anything that does that - and I'm super stoked about this opportunity and hope the program is successful.

So, I'm hoping to run the women's only classes next year.

Question #1 is if anyone knows what events will run the women's classes?

#2 is about my bikes. My 600RR will qualify for Middleweight since it's all stock, but Lightweight rules are based on LW SS. I have an Ultralightweight Superbike legal bike - that was legal under the *old* ULWSB rules, and at a power disadvantage when put up against other LWSS bikes. Is there any way to petition for special cases? I'd love to be able to run in both and support both while still running in ULWSB if possible. Otherwise I'll just run MW and get lapped by Meghan like Ed laps me now.  :lmao:

Edit - I really should have stressed that despite my internal issues about this that I'm in total support of this and am looking forward to seeing more women actually riding on race days!

GIGOLO

Wow I dint hear about this!  Thats cool.  Jen I think next time you see Monica you should convince her to take a school and race her bike.  Shes got a ninja 250, (assuming its legal and competitive within the classes)  it would be kick ass to see yous race each other.

Supergirl

Jen, at least we'll both get lapped by Meghan!

I was having mixed feelings as well, but i think if we still participate in some of the other classes, we should see the extra class as an extra playground. I am also glad that i said i'd try it out this year, before I found out about the women only class this past Saturday.

So, stop thinking too much about it :-) We'll go out, have fun, and get lapped by Meghan,  :lmao:

I'd be also interested to hear a little bit more about the new class and the rules.

I must have gone insane  :ahhh:

It's all Jeff's fault!!!
IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

truckstop

You can see the rules so far in the 2009 Rulebook: http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2009/rules/2009%20asra-ccs%20rulebook.pdf (Page 62)
And Bonnie has a bit of info up on the Femmoto site: http://www.femmoto.com/

skiandclimb

I got my ass kicked all last year by a female rider....and let me be the first to admit it- her sex has NOTHING to do with her abilities. She is smooth as silk on a bike, and is new to the sport.  So, I was mixed when I saw the new class structure.  But in all honesty- I think holding these classes will generate new interest in female riders, and hopefully attract new riders to the sport!

My wife began riding last year, and I would love to think that someday my two little girls will be out there, dicing it up with the rest of us!

Kudos to CCS for taking this leap- and I hope they fill the grids fr it!

-Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Xian_13

From the Femmoto site,
"CCS will offer a women’s class at all 63 CCS events"

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

truckstop

The Michelin contingency info says 60 events - I'm hoping for clarification if the class will be run at all CCS events or not - if that's even known yet.

I'm on the wanting to be treated as an equal side, ergo the mixed feelings - that doesn't mean I'm not happy. The class is special treatment, which I don't want - but still I'm grateful and happy for the opportunity - for the contingency and for the possibility that it will attract more women.

truckstop

Quote from: GIGOLO on January 20, 2009, 12:00:21 AM
Wow I dint hear about this!  Thats cool.  Jen I think next time you see Monica you should convince her to take a school and race her bike.  Shes got a ninja 250, (assuming its legal and competitive within the classes)  it would be kick ass to see yous race each other.

For sure! She'd be legal in the lightweight class. How competitive would depend on what other bikes are entered. Get her to some trackdays, and maybe budget to buy her an SV. :)

funsizeracing

I'm not sure about this yet.  
I don't see any real reason for it, there isn't anything stopping women from racing now.  Besides, look at all the men doing it.  How hard could it be? :biggrin:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Supergirl

Frankly, what kept me saying that i would never race is the mindset about who will be on the track at the same time with me. Do "they" have to go to work on Monday, etc., given that I ride a 600.

Just as I decided to give it a try, I heard about this on Saturday.

So, if there are women out there who don't want to try it for the same reason, they might try it now. From what we heard on Saturday, women only class will be ran with F40. (i think most of "them" have to go to work on monday  8) )
I think it just might be easier to get into racing.

Femmoto has attracted more women to the sport, so let's hope this will have the same effect.

oh, and can't be that hard...  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

vnvbandit

~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Supergirl

Quote from: truckstop on January 20, 2009, 11:50:45 AM
You can see the rules so far in the 2009 Rulebook: http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2009/rules/2009%20asra-ccs%20rulebook.pdf (Page 62)
And Bonnie has a bit of info up on the Femmoto site: http://www.femmoto.com/

Now i found it in the Rulebook. Thanks Jen!
IMMIGracing