News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DUC 1098 in HEAVY WT?? WTF..

Started by MELK-MAN, January 14, 2009, 07:38:47 PM

MELK-MAN

Quote from: ahastings on January 23, 2009, 09:02:01 AM
your talking about one class hwt superbike-the only contingency in that class is tire money. Considering you are bumping up into that class anyway a true 750 superbike would blow awy your r6 on horsepower just as much as duc 1098 superbike. After a little more research it is easy to tell a 1098r or 1198 from an actuall 1098
1) the 1198 will be a 2009 model they werent made in 08 or 07
2) the 1098r will have wheel speed sensors on the front wheel for the traction control system.
As for someone building their 1098 motor into an 1198 well nothing you can do about that any more then say someone dropping a 750 motor in their 600 and running mw superbike.

Very true Arnie. I was talking with Chris BOy at Motocorse and he builds sweet Ducs. He pointed out some things to tell as you describe including the texture of the engine cases. As far as a 750 in a gsxr600, you can sometimes suspect a cheater motor if your racing close to them. TOp 5 guys doing that should be ashamed, and I would protest if I suspected such a thing. FUrther back, I wouldn't be concerned but they should still be ashamed. It does happen, and sometimes you don't know.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super Dave

Quote from: ktd on January 23, 2009, 12:40:50 PM
Nobody seems 2 care about Buell 1125
Well, I don't think that is the point.  Really, each class should have an importance placed on them as they take up space during the event weekend and generate entry fees.  If not, they aren't needed. 
Super Dave

ahastings

Quote from: ktd on January 23, 2009, 12:40:50 PM
Nobody seems 2 care about Buell 1125
thats because it doesnt have near the horsepower of a duc 1098, its closer to a duc 848. See where the AMA put it right- with the 600s.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

PJ

A good rider on a well-set up 1125R can be competitive. Shawn Higbee took a lightly modded 1125R and cleaned up on all the Ducatis at several WSMC events last season. He set a new twins class lap record, and won a ton of Buell contingency money.

Danny Bilansky and Clint Brotz won the overall ASRA Team Challenge race at Road America on a MOTO-ST spec 1125R.

I think you'll see a few more of them out there this season.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

MELK-MAN

Quote from: PJ on January 23, 2009, 08:25:29 PM
A good rider on a well-set up 1125R can be competitive. Shawn Higbee took a lightly modded 1125R and cleaned up on all the Ducatis at several WSMC events last season. He set a new twins class lap record, and won a ton of Buell contingency money.

Danny Bilansky and Clint Brotz won the overall ASRA Team Challenge race at Road America on a MOTO-ST spec 1125R.

I think you'll see a few more of them out there this season.

Paul, you guys kicked butt on the Buell even surviving being "torpedoed" by a duc at Daytona. Man, i saw that crash on SPEED and i was like "did you see that" . Got to see it a bunch of times with TiVO. Glad Jeff was Ok. And congrats on the TC title.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice